/ L4802vs yanmar 347. #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
I’m looking.. and asking opinions….

Hit me with em…

/ L4802vs yanmar 347. #2  
I assume the 347 is YT model IHST not the shuttle shift YM 347. Both are nice, but the YT has features not found in any other compact.

IMHO the Yanmar outclasses the Kubota in just about every way imaginable. The YT is best in class in my opinion. It is a cross between a power shuttle and hydro. Forward and reverse column shifter with no clutch at all. Very sweet machine. Ergonomics are great. Solidly built. Kubota is solid as well, but specs also fall to the Yanmar.

/ L4802vs yanmar 347.
What has better resale value? And what about maint costs?

/ L4802vs yanmar 347. #4  
The YT347 is a lot more machine than the economy L4802. It compares more closely to the Kubota Grand L4760. With the Yanmar you get the integrated hydro-mechanical transmission (iHMT), two rear remotes standard, pre-wired third function, and a bunch of other bells and whistles. Yanmar has a standard style "gas pedal" vs the treadle pedal on the Kubota. Both 100+ year old Japanese companies that build the entire tractor including the engine and put their own name on it. Maintenance should be the same. The Yanmar is slightly longer, heavier, lifts more on the loader, puts more power to the ground, and also comes with loaded rear tires standard.

The Kubota will have better resale value due to name recognition and more dealer support.

/ L4802vs yanmar 347. #5  
The YT347 is a lot more machine than the economy L4802. It compares more closely to the Kubota Grand L4760. With the Yanmar you get the integrated hydro-mechanical transmission (iHMT), two rear remotes standard, pre-wired third function, and a bunch of other bells and whistles. Yanmar has a standard style "gas pedal" vs the treadle pedal on the Kubota. Both 100+ year old Japanese companies that build the entire tractor including the engine and put their own name on it. Maintenance should be the same. The Yanmar is slightly longer, heavier, lifts more on the loader, puts more power to the ground, and also comes with loaded rear tires standard.

The Kubota will have better resale value due to name recognition and more dealer support.
Well said.

/ L4802vs yanmar 347. #6  
Compare warranties ask dealer about who fixes their equipment. I agree with Yanmar assuming good dealer.

/ L4802vs yanmar 347.
Well I went and drove a YT359C around the lot today.. that’s is gonna be a real muscle memory change..
18’years on L3400… and the things I could feel a power reduction didn’t phase that tractor..

I’m 99% sold..
I’ll have to replace my tiller.. and box blade and maybe my landplane…
Maybe get different forks.. 2500 lbs lift?! 2 and 1/2 times my bota..

New box blade, tractor, 3rd function, load tires-roughly $51k…

I’ll have to get a bigger trailer..

So I’ll likely sell my tractor as a bundle with loader, box blade, tiller, and trailer..
I’d hope to get $22-25k for tractor, trailer, tiller box blade..
It has 3rd function kit and I have spare parts, filters, fuel pump, and hoses etc I’d throw in.. and it has a storage shelf on the rops.

Tiller has 3 uses on it RTR1258… paint is barely scratched.

well now I just have to pull the trigger.