L5450 HDT-W Broke Shuttle Shift Linkage Rod

/ L5450 HDT-W Broke Shuttle Shift Linkage Rod #11  
Bumping this old thread. I ran into this problem with my L5450 and all it turned out to be was lubrication needed on the valve shown in the picture of the original post. The three detents on the right side of the picture (two you see and one under the lever arm) have a ball and spring arrangement that holds the position that gets dry. I could not get my floorboard off so I puffed some graphite dust into it by reaching in there. The shifting is like new now, very smooth. For the last few years I had been getting a little worried that the old girl was having larger issues as the sticking became worse, but not the case. Good to go.

On the floorboard, there were three 12 mm bolts to the rear left fender, one larger bolt with a square nut holder up front to the left of the clutch, one stud and one bolt with rubber washer, collar and wire holder, two springs on the clutch and one strap down to the valving that I removed. But something else was holding it on. Could not figure it out so I lubed it by reaching in there. I really wanted to get in and go over all the linkage.