LA 211 Valve jammed

/ LA 211 Valve jammed #1  

Solarguy

Tractor
BX2200
Hi Everyone,

My up/down valve has not felt right since i purchased this tractor in the spring. I could not get the Float position to work. It seemed to stick in the 'Up' position occasionally. I had checked the linkages and lubed them up -. It still had a catch to it on the up side.

This weekend it jammed in the closed position. Can't raise or lower. It's not the external linkages. The valve shaft won't move. Of course the front wheels were off the ground at the time....

I'm not sure how the float action works but it seems to related to this. I assume the float mechanism has jammed the valve. It feels to be a mechanical thing. Do I need to take the valve assembly off and disassemble? what do you expect I'll find?

There is a plug right beside the "Up/Down' valve. I have not looked inside yet but is this the float mechanism?

Valve is a BX2014.

Thanks for any help.

Shawn

/ LA 211 Valve jammed #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

The float function is operated by ball bearings inside the large cap on the rear of the valve opposite the linkage-you will notice it's only on one spool.

Kubota's had/have a problem with water getting in the cap and cause the balls to rust-first indication is the float does not work but you are well beyond that! The cure seems to drilling a drain hole in the cap and keeping it well packed with grease.

Hope this helps some...a search of the term "float" or "detent" may turn up more threads on this very problem.