LA 463-1 QA Coupler ??

/ LA 463-1 QA Coupler ?? #1  

Mike40

Not certain anyone will have this exact answer but it is worth a try. I have a new L3400 equipped with the LA 463-1 loader and the QA 66" bucket. My question is on the QA coupler bracket. There is limited information on this but after speaking with another dealer and seeing what I believe is the correct part I am under the impression I have the wrong bracket installed on this loader. The correct part number I was given as the coupler for the 463-1 loader is L2230A. If anyone has this bracket and could give me info as to if this coupler is made of 1/4" steel or 3/8" it would be helpful? It seems many dealers remove the part decal so knowing the part # is hard but the coupler that is on my tractor is 3/8" metal and appears to be the coupler part# L2228 which per the main Kubota corp office is designed for the LA703 loader and not a coupler for the LA 463. They have a L4400 at this dealer with the 703 loader and it has the same bracket on it as mine. I looked at several other QA brackets yesterday and the one I have is basically the same as what is on many of the considerablly larger loaders so my impression is the dealer just utilized a bracket they had rather than install the one Kubota calls for. With the difference in metal thickness overall this bracket will certainly be heavier than the L2230A which additional weight for no reason is not what I need at the end of the loader. I guess my question is if anyone can yield an opinion if this is a big deal and should I elevate this to my dealer to get me the correct coupler for this loader. I noticed this because I have a warranty replace bucket in route because of a cracked weld but that issue is resolved. I would add the loader has yet to be used at all so there are no scratches the dealer would need to contend with but they would need to order the bracket as they do not carry them in stock.

/ LA 463-1 QA Coupler ?? #2  
The vertical pieces are 1/4".

/ LA 463-1 QA Coupler ?? #3  
If that is true than my original dealer bold faced lied to me about the part numbers, unfortunately he has a history of bold face lies.

I have the L2230A, not a guess, it has a model number label on it and a bar code that indicate L2230A and its SN# and it's vertical pieces, that the pins mount through, are 3/8". Either way, I'm happy as a clam. It's bullet proof for my uses and I'll never worry of it failing. It's probably the best thing I've ever done for my tractor. The price wasn't too bad either, at $380 is was about half what ATI wanted.

I think I'd have picked the 3/8" if I had been given the choice. How much weight can 1/8" difference really save anyway?

/ LA 463-1 QA Coupler ??
Thanks for the information. Harvest I agree with your comment and it is probably nothing that will ever be a noticeable impact. This dealer is very reputable but it just seems to be one more thing you find out after the fact and it leaves you wondering if there is more. Thanks again...

/ LA 463-1 QA Coupler ?? #5  
If that is true than my original dealer bold faced lied to me about the part numbers, unfortunately he has a history of bold face lies.

I have the L2230A, not a guess, it has a model number label on it and a bar code that indicate L2230A and its SN# and it's vertical pieces, that the pins mount through, are 3/8". Either way, I'm happy as a clam. It's bullet proof for my uses and I'll never worry of it failing. It's probably the best thing I've ever done for my tractor. The price wasn't too bad either, at $380 is was about half what ATI wanted.

I think I'd have picked the 3/8" if I had been given the choice. How much weight can 1/8" difference really save anyway?
Harvest, does your bucket dump properly with the L2230A? I have L3400 and my dealer couldn't find the L2230 sSQA and convinced me the ssqa on the L3901 fel L525 would fit. Part is L2216 so I bought it. Fits on nicely but bucket doesn't dump when FEL is raised all the way up. I.e. when loading dirt into my dump trailer. He thought they just may have changed the part number from 2230 to 2216 but obviously not. I think position of the holes for the pins is different which changed the angle of the bucket.

/ LA 463-1 QA Coupler ?? #6  
Harvest, does your bucket dump properly with the L2230A? I have L3400 and my dealer couldn't find the L2230 sSQA and convinced me the ssqa on the L3901 fel L525 would fit. Part is L2216 so I bought it. Fits on nicely but bucket doesn't dump when FEL is raised all the way up. I.e. when loading dirt into my dump trailer. He thought they just may have changed the part number from 2230 to 2216 but obviously not. I think position of the holes for the pins is different which changed the angle of the bucket.
This thread is 12 years old and Harvest moon hasn't logged in for more than six years...doubt he'll answer.