Comparison LA525 vs LA463-1/LA524

/ LA525 vs LA463-1/LA524 #1  

ZAR2USA

Silver Member
1) I want to ad a FEL to my 2012 L3200 HST 4WD R4.

~ I did some research and saw that Specs are exactly the same.

~ It appears only difference are hydraulic hoses are being run internal in the frame now, and that FEL frame have more of a curve to it (LA525 being the latest model).

~ What other changes?

ALSO;

2) I want to ad additional hydraulic functions to the FEL so that I could ad a grapple in the future. What do I need to ad now to make provision for that one day?

3) Is this the time to ad an extra remote or plum it in such a way to ad a hydraulic ram for my 3 point lift for downforce pressure (box blade, etc)?

I want to keep it AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. I'm not familiar with all the hydraulic terminology, but can google if needed. Thank you in advance for your time, input and pictures ;-)

/ LA525 vs LA463-1/LA524 #2  
3) Is this the time to add downforce pressure to three point hitch for box blade, etc?

Adding downforce to the Three Point Hitch will not work. Rather than pushing down on a Box Blade or other implement, the tractor's rear tires would be lifted off the ground, reducing traction to zero. (Newton's Law: Opposite and equal reaction.)

That is why it is crucial to buy HEAVY ground contact implements, especially scrapers/blades and Disc Harrows which ride on the surface, weight/gravity is all the downforce which can be applied.

Some ground contact implements (box blade rippers, moldboard plows, field cultivators, pasture aerators, etc.) are designed so tractor forward motion pulls them into the ground. This is termed suck. (Really!)

Why not complete your T-B-N profile?

Attachments

• DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 811
Last edited:
   / LA525 vs LA463-1/LA524
Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

Anything else I should take into consideration?

/ LA525 vs LA463-1/LA524 #4  
If you are going to buy a true 3rd function kit from Kubota you may as well do so when you add the loader.

/ LA525 vs LA463-1/LA524
Thank you for the advice.

/ LA525 vs LA463-1/LA524 #6  
You can either install a diverter or full 3rd function. A diverter will be cheaper, but will mean you can operate curl or the grapple but not both at the same time (hit a button to change the curl lever to run the grapple). Search around on here for diverter to learn more, its probably the most cost effective & popular option. There are lots of posts about diverters on here.

You can see my thread on adding an additional 3 spools to my L3200 here.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/295816-kubota-l3200-tnt-3rd-function.html

I hear they now have a nice OEM Kubota kit that installs in a similar place to mine. Previous ones just clamped to the ROPS bar.

You can install additional spools up near the loader spools if you want rather than where I did.

/ LA525 vs LA463-1/LA524 #7  
Also I'm not sure if I'd run a grapple off my spare 3rd function port in back or install a diverter if I ever got a grapple. A diverter will probably cost a bit more, but be a cleaner install than running hose from one end to the other.

/ LA525 vs LA463-1/LA524
Thank you Fallon. I'm searching for some type of control that will allow one hand operation of the loader and a third remote, whether it be a finger or thumb switch or trigger.