/ Lack of professionalism in Sales: a rant #61  
K & S Tractor Sales in Lubbock Tx I got Mike on the phone
very helpful and knew almost all the questions that I asked
This is where l ordered my Yanmar YT235C TLB and attachments
Mike is a real nice guy to talk to and I can call and ask questions
anytime.

willy

/ Lack of professionalism in Sales: a rant #62  
The OP rant still applies today. We bought a small property last year and have wanted a small tractor. Stopped in our local green dealer and talked to two people. Neither were excited about their models. They both tried to upsell the next size. But that was it.
A year later, don’t have a tractor. Maybe the salespersons lack of enthusiasm saved us $25-30k.

/ Lack of professionalism in Sales: a rant #63  
The OP rant still applies today. We bought a small property last year and have wanted a small tractor. Stopped in our local green dealer and talked to two people. Neither were excited about their models. They both tried to upsell the next size. But that was it.
A year later, don’t have a tractor. Maybe the salespersons lack of enthusiasm saved us $25-30k.
Not so sure not having a tractor is a good thing but if you feel you showed them more power to you.Good luck in your tractor search..

/ Lack of professionalism in Sales: a rant #64  
I may have figured out the problem.

Back in the day, a guy had a passion for something. Let's say his passion was tractors.
So, like us, he spends much of his free time reading and talking about tractors. He enjoys being around tractors so much, he gets a job selling them. There's your perfect sales guy. Because he loves them so much, his natural curiosity has him learning about tractors all the time.

You ask him if a 40 hp compact can handle a baler, and he will find out for you right away. Because he himself is curious.

Then things changed. Guys like that were forced out by big dealers buying up those mom and pop shops and enforcing quotas on machines that aren't the best fit for the customer.

Sad, really.

/ Lack of professionalism in Sales: a rant #65  

The problem with most dealer salespeople is -- They're not salesmen, they're order-takers.

Deere is too hung up on their "True Advertised Value" garbage. They won't let dealers compete, they won't allow them to advertise pricing, they have them hamstrung.

I'd shop another brand. On Line. Tractorhouse.com is your friend. When you see what you want, call them up and make a deal then drive there and pick it up. None of this spending a week for the privilege of giving them YOUR money. Money walks, BS talks. "Here's what I'm willing to pay, right NOW! Take it or I walk." You have to make it clear that you're ready to buy right Fing now. That's why you gotta do your research up front. I've walked out on a couple dealers. They always call on the third day after you walk. I lead them on for a while just to twist the blade a little bit. They eventually stop calling. I don't play with idiots. I walk. Now.

I do all my shopping online these days. Bought my Wife's new car on line, more or less.

Saw it at the World's biggest Ford Dealer, called, set it up, drove up (2 hours) to get it, no BSing with an idiot F&I man (hate those guys) drove it home.

I gave the local guys a chance but every one of them was like, "Bring your OL by and we'll dicker". Idiots. The salespeople and the dealerships. How they stay in business is a miracle.

Deere is now about where generic motors was back in 1975. They were absolutely convinced the Japanese could only acquire a niche market at best. They were no threat, they said. None at all.

I see the same attitude at Deere. A fatal mistake IMO. Today, the Koreans are the Japanese of tractors. The Japanese Kubota ain't too bad either.

Deere doesn't even make their own engines in their smaller stuff so I don't what the heck they're so proud of.