Lenar 254-2 - Tuning?

/ Lenar 254-2 - Tuning? #1  

kjeld

Tractor
Lenar 254-2
Hi,

Anyone how knows if and how I can tune up my lenar tractor. Is it possible to increase hp?

Attachments

• DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 87
   / Lenar 254-2 - Tuning? #2  
Hi,

Anyone how knows if and how I can tune up my lenar tractor. Is it possible to increase hp?
Welcome to TBN! :cool:(y)

Yes, you can increase the HP a little (1 to 2 hp) by increasing the RPM, but then you run the risk of it coming from together. You can also get 5 to 15 hp gain by adding a ($$$) turbocharger but you will lose longevity. But by far the best way to increase hp is to buy a bigger tractor.

What makes you think you need a "tune-up"? Does the engine run at operating temp (≈180°F ≈82°C)? Is the radiator clean? Is the fuel clean and dry? Coolant pump belt tight? Fuel filters changed when? Oil & filter changed when? These things will all make a difference on how the engine performs.

/ Lenar 254-2 - Tuning?
Welcome to TBN! :cool:(y)

Yes, you can increase the HP a little (1 to 2 hp) by increasing the RPM, but then you run the risk of it coming from together. You can also get 5 to 15 hp gain by adding a ($$$) turbocharger but you will lose longevity. But by far the best way to increase hp is to buy a bigger tractor.

What makes you think you need a "tune-up"? Does the engine run at operating temp (≈180°F ≈82°C)? Is the radiator clean? Is the fuel clean and dry? Coolant pump belt tight? Fuel filters changed when? Oil & filter changed when? These things will all make a difference on how the engine performs.
Hi Bob,
Tx for your answer.
Sometimes it is just a small increase that is enough.
I know that for some tractors one can adjust the fuel pump to increase the hp a bit.
My Lenar is 16 years old now and with no major problems. The internet floadts with owners of faulty Lenar's.
So instead of selling a potentially year long problem maker to some unknowing buyer, I was thinking if the possibility to add just a bit power.

But it might not be a possibility hince your answer.
Tx for the quick reply and sorry for my late response.