Little 6310

/ Little 6310 #1  

Strummer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Strummer1%
Fixing to do some disking for my neighbor. She lost her husband this January. I’m not to familiar with the tractor . Any tricks to hooking he jd remotes up ? Any different from my smaller new Holland ? Going to be nice to run this AC cab tractor for a change .
IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

/ Little 6310 #2  
Sorry to hear about your neighbors husband.

Should be pretty straight forward. But I'd be for cleaning the debris and dust off before hooking into those connectors.
Grab the manual and do some briefing of the controls.

Ran into a similar situation when I was 19 years old. A neighbor across the road to my folks lost her husband, the oats were mature and needed harvesting, machinery still in the shed as he'd been sick for a short time. Tractor and pull-type combine stored away and I was experienced on a farm but never did run a combine. But we got it done in spite of having very bad hay-fever asthma.

So good luck and good on you for helping out. Hope it all works out well for you.

/ Little 6310 #3  
Ditto on removing dust from hyd breakaway couplers before attaching male tips. My next suggestion would be to read 6310 operators manual. If tractor owner doesn't have an operators manual one can be downloaded/viewed for free at following link.https://techpubs.deere.com/en-US/Search/Equipment.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-01 053626.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-01 053626.png
    587.1 KB · Views: 65
   / Little 6310 #4  
The lower left coupler appears to be missing some of the balls that hold the hose tip in. Suggest not using that left set of couplers. Open the dust covers on the other couplers and inspect for dirt or other problems. Hoses should just push in and lock in place. The knobs on top of valves adjust oil flow(lower knob). Upper knob controls detects that can hold lever engaged if you need that function. Some detent controls had three positions, others had only two.

/ Little 6310 #5  
Quick instructions for the SCV and quick couplers.
Top coupler to "rod" end of cylinder
Bottom coupler to "head/piston" end of cylinder
Move lever in cab forward to retract cylinder, all the way forward for "float"
Move lever in cab rearward to extend cylinder
The SCVs at the rear of the tractor are numbered 2-1-3-4 (for cab levers)
The small knob (rabbit/turtle) controls flow speed
The large knob: when set to the picture of two gears, the cab lever will "detent" in forward or rearward position, until manually moved back to neutral/center position. Used for hydraulic motors.
The picture of cylinder setting, the cab lever spring returns to neutral/center when the lever is released. used for hydraulic cylinders.