Loader bracing to rear axle

/ Loader bracing to rear axle #1  

fidowanttobe

Platinum Member
Tractor
Jinma 284 2007 Massey Harris 44 Special
How many of you have tied the bell housing loader bracket to the rear axle? The first year I had my Jinma I learned on CTOA that some were breaking the bells and breaking the tractor in half. Some speculated that it was abuse/backhoe etc. but I didn't take any chances and modded mine. Welded a 2x2 3/8 wall square tube to the rear fender mount, under the rear axle which clamps onto the axle, then had the local truck shop bend me 2 u bolts (for rear axle springs) and clamped the loader mount to the tube. Now any pushing stress is transferred to the rear axle and not on the bell. Just an FYI.

/ Loader bracing to rear axle #2  
Interesting. The Jinma backhoe I have is a full frame mount which ties to the lower 3 point pins and the loader mount. I added a bracket that also ties to the top link mount. The reason was that the lower ladder frame had a tendency to break at the mounting slots, This one came with a beefed up lower ladder frame right from the factory.

The factory loader mounts to the bell housing and has arms going forward that connect to the battery box at the front. This transfers a lot of the load forward and onto the frame.
I have wheel weights and without any extra weight can lift the rears off the ground, but just barely. With an implement hanging off the back, the loader just isn't strong enough to do that. I think that limitation is a "saving" feature which prevents abuse.

I take extra precautions to not lift too much with forks or anything that can compound the stress put on the loader and am also extra careful about not "Ramming" into anything to load the bucket.

There are times I would like to mount a blade on the loader instead of the bucket so that I could move snow earlier. I still haven't figured out how to transfer the forces from the blade directly to the frame to keep from abusing the loader arms. They weren't made for that kind of work. Last summer I cut the brackets off the bucket and converted it to a skid steer mount so that I can easily change out attachments. So far the bucket is the only one I have...

Please post some pictures of your modification.

/ Loader bracing to rear axle
I will when I get a chance. Hopefully we can swap info on your skid mount mod then! Like where you bought them and mistakes to avoid. Reeeaally would like a set of forks for the front and be able to hook my gin/boom pole to the loader as well.

/ Loader bracing to rear axle #4  
picture of an old parts tractor I have out back where the guy who set it up obviously was concerned out breaking the tractor in half its a bit far gone to save but definitely set up to take punishment
leyland loader.JPG

/ Loader bracing to rear axle #5  
I thought I had a better picture of the top link support but I can't find it.
The frame and wheels are the start of a cart to store the backhoe on. It sure makes moving it in and out of storage a lot easier to have wheels under it!

Attachments

• DSCN3945 (2019_02_19 01_42_27 UTC).JPG
    DSCN3945 (2019_02_19 01_42_27 UTC).JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 104
   / Loader bracing to rear axle #6  
Interesting. The Jinma backhoe I have is a full frame mount which ties to the lower 3 point pins and the loader mount. I added a bracket that also ties to the top link mount. The reason was that the lower ladder frame had a tendency to break at the mounting slots, This one came with a beefed up lower ladder frame right from the factory.

The factory loader mounts to the bell housing and has arms going forward that connect to the battery box at the front. This transfers a lot of the load forward and onto the frame.
I have wheel weights and without any extra weight can lift the rears off the ground, but just barely. With an implement hanging off the back, the loader just isn't strong enough to do that. I think that limitation is a "saving" feature which prevents abuse.

I take extra precautions to not lift too much with forks or anything that can compound the stress put on the loader and am also extra careful about not "Ramming" into anything to load the bucket.

There are times I would like to mount a blade on the loader instead of the bucket so that I could move snow earlier. I still haven't figured out how to transfer the forces from the blade directly to the frame to keep from abusing the loader arms. They weren't made for that kind of work. Last summer I cut the brackets off the bucket and converted it to a skid steer mount so that I can easily change out attachments. So far the bucket is the only one I have...

Please post some pictures of your modification.
My DF already had the fel braced to the back axle. As for attaching a plow to the loader . I've done that for years. Here's a link to the mod I did.....wow 14 years ago. Still works just like the day I made it. Just moved 35 cm snowfall. This is an old school all steel heavy blade. The most important part is having a cushion valve at the front to take the force away from the loader arms and frame. You will always catch the blade edge sometimes. I plumbed front remotes so I could still use the angle cylinders. Added a single spool valve right off my loader valve to work it. The pics near the end are the finished model. Went through a few modifications. With the 4wd can get through almost anything.

Dave

/ Loader bracing to rear axle
Sorry I took so long. Age, winter, lack of Prevagen.
IMG_0155.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG