Lock down equipment

/ Lock down equipment #21  
I built my tractor barn hidden in the woods, but my brother in law went and told everyone I had a new tractor and worse, were to find it. So looks like I will have to get some lock down mechanism..
Where can you get one to fit a mouth?

:)

Bruce

/ Lock down equipment #22  

Attachments

• MouthFilled.jpg
    MouthFilled.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 93
   / Lock down equipment #23  
My uncle bought a large log loader new and put on a nice R model Mack. Then it turned up missing. This was NW Louisiana. Insurance was giving trouble about paying, claiming they were in on it. Cops, phone lines tapped. Finally got a call from a phone booth in Mississippi. Man knew where it was. The cops found it. They had had one stolen ten years earlier and it was sitting right beside it, worn slap out.

/ Lock down equipment #24  
My uncle bought a large log loader new and put on a nice R model Mack. Then it turned up missing. This was NW Louisiana. Insurance was giving trouble about paying, claiming they were in on it. Cops, phone lines tapped. Finally got a call from a phone booth in Mississippi. Man knew where it was. The cops found it. They had had one stolen ten years earlier and it was sitting right beside it, worn slap out.
How much does the insurance pay out, original price you paid minus deductible, current worth minus deductible, or do they come up with some number out of thin air as I have seen happen....

/ Lock down equipment #25  
How much does the insurance pay out, original price you paid minus deductible, current worth minus deductible, or do they come up with some number out of thin air as I have seen happen....

I know it was a week old loader and was new. Other than that, I don't know the technicalities. The fella has a tv show now, so I imagine it was pretty good ins.

/ Lock down equipment #26  
Friend had a large 80 hp Kubota with extendable plow and 7 ft snowblower on it stolen last winter.
He never lost a cent from his insurance claim and actually came out a tad ahead.
The perps came prepared as they loaded it on a 'tilt and load trailer' with it all filmed on a monitor camera.
Naturally tags were not visible and perps wore hoodies and Covid masks.
Clear was that the tow vehicle was a older grey Dodge withe extended cab and new rocker panels but what help is that.

/ Lock down equipment #27  
Friend had a large 80 hp Kubota with extendable plow and 7 ft snowblower on it stolen last winter.
He never lost a cent from his insurance claim and actually came out a tad ahead.
The perps came prepared as they loaded it on a 'tilt and load trailer' with it all filmed on a monitor camera.
Naturally tags were not visible and perps wore hoodies and Covid masks.
Clear was that the tow vehicle was a older grey Dodge withe extended cab and new rocker panels but what help is that.
I had a car stolen while I sat with my head against the window with the car a few feet behind me, with clear view, on a development with only one entrance/exit. Never heard a sound....

Last edited:
   / Lock down equipment #28  
If I were really concerned about theft - just move the PTO lever to the ON position. Nobody would notice this and my M6040 will not start with the PTO in the on position.
That let's me sleep better at night as it's easy to remember and reset in the morning..