looking for a trike in central florida

/ looking for a trike in central florida #11  

Attachments

• 326502-Dsc00008.jpg
    326502-Dsc00008.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 141
   / looking for a trike in central florida #12  
Soundguy:

Anywho you get the idea....I have a couple of more pic's along with a pic of his sign w/phone # if ya see anything that tickles you fancy.

Whiskey

/ looking for a trike in central florida
Thanks for the pics.. wow.. tampa.... that's an easy drive for me.. less than 2 hours.. even on 301.

So far I havn't been able to locate any trikes local that even run.

I would love the ph#
c.britton@worldnet.att.net

I'm working all this week.. but could do somehting by the weekend for sure.

thanks for the info.

Soundguy

I finally got in touch with the guy. He's on his way back from a show when I got him on his cell phone.

I'm really interested in his 'B'. I'm going to talk to him again tomorrow, and I think we will have something worked out as long as it starts and drives.

I'll keep you posted.

Soundguy

/ looking for a trike in central florida #15  
Chris:

Good deal, I hope it work's out. If you come down I-75 he's only about 20 min's off the interstate.

PS: You know my fee for this find right??? if not here it is, you will be expected to post pic's of your referb process start to finnish for the rest of us to gander at... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whiskey

Cool, thanks for the info.

We talked a bit, and he is getting ready to go pick up another tractor in florida, and then leave again this weekend to take it to PA. I may just get him to deliver the 'B' to me when he comes thru this way on the weekend to pick up that other tractor. He's so close (tampa-summerfield) that his delivery fee was not much more than gas money by the time I got my trailer up there and back, etc.. so I might just let him bring it to me. Sounds like he's always on the road somewhere. Mentioned he just delivered one to california...( yikes.. what a drive.. )

He had a good selection, an 'a', 'b' 'g' '50' '60' '720' and farmall '300'. The 'B' was actually what I had my eye on. I know it is the smallest of the tractors listed... but after seeing some pics of a few at wengers... I became emotionally attatched.

Pictures, you bet. I did a complete pic set on my 8n and NAA when i refurbed them. They took quite a bit of work.. like 9 months, every weekend, and holiday, and days off.. some nights.. This 'B' looks to be in fairly good condition already, which is a plus. Guys says it starts and runs.. is a 1950 or 1951 model.. so it has electric start..another plus, and the magneto was just replaced last year he said... another plus.

Will let you know how it turns out. I should know something by tomorrow or thursday, and if all works out.. by sat afternoon, there should be a green machine setting in my yard, being given harsh stares by the 3 fords already there...

Soundguy

p.s.

Thanks for birddoggin' those pic's for me. It's great when the tractor community pulls together to help other members. Hope it wasn't an inconvienience for you to get over there.

/ looking for a trike in central florida #17  
Chris:

<font color="blue">Thanks for birddoggin' those pic's for me. It's great when the tractor community pulls together to help other members. Hope it wasn't an inconvienience for you to get over there.
</font>

Not a problem, I'm only about 20 min. drive from his location and pass right buy his site about once a month when I go for a hay run on the way home from work.

Funny how things work out. When I first saw that a old tractor biz had opened when driving by to get some hay I thought "gee I should stop and snap a couple of shots for the guy's on the site" Then a couple of months later "bingo" saw you post.

Whiskey

It's nice when things work out that way... someone finds a resource to share, and then someone else develops a need, and through this otherwise chaotic tangle of computers on the internet I get trike pictures.. etc.

Speaking of hay, I myself was getting nervously low a week ago. The weather has changed enough that the pasture has almost stopped growing.. yet it is still a bit too warm to plant the winter rye.. and the 'hayburners' as my stepfather calls them, are still eating at the same rate.

I usually buy from a farm about 45 miles away... but it is a hassle getting through the traffic in the city in between, at hours the farmer can be there. Luckilly a small mom-n-pop feed store opened up about 15 minutes from my place. They buy from a large farm and sell for only a few cents more per bale than I was buying and having to make a 2hour round trip... too bad their feed prices aren't great or I would do more business with them.

For than fact, most of the usual retailers like seminoles and TSC aren't doing real good on price right now. Even the local mill that produces feed right here in town is high... they claim the price of corn is killing them... I will agree it is high, but for the last couple of years I've been buying feed from a co-op store located off i-75. Good quality feeds.. mostly nutrena, and a good discount if you buy 500# or more at one time. I figure I get a free bag per every 10 bags I buy based on the next best competitors prices. I've checked out nutrena a bit and they seem to be a good feed manufacturer. ( hope so... just about every animal I have is eating nutrena feed.. )

Soundguy