Looking for help/advice.

/ Looking for help/advice. #12  
I have a 2009 Kubota RTV 900, and I'm currently doing some routine maintenance ie. engine oil and filter change, air filter (inner and outer) cartridges, transmission fluid and filter, engine coolant check and lastly, the hydraulic oil & filter for the bed lift. Since that oil only powers that single lift cylinder (I think?), does that need to be the expensive UDT2 Hydraulic / HST fluid? Or would a regular hydraulic oil suffice, like the Standard UDT hyd fluid. Thanks

Tom
I owned a 2006 Kubota RTV 900 that had 1025 hours on the clock when I sold it.Living in a colder climate I used nothing buy kubota super UTD hydro oil.Made a big difference how the hydro performed verses the other hydro oil I tried ONE time and ONE time only.

Attachments

• tempImageW6eciO.jpg
    tempImageW6eciO.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 403

/ Looking for help/advice.
I owned a 2006 Kubota RTV 900 that had 1025 hours on the clock when I sold it.Living in a colder climate I used nothing buy kubota super UTD hydro oil.Made a big difference how the hydro performed verses the other hydro oil I tried ONE time and ONE time only.

Attachments

• tempImageW6eciO.jpg
    tempImageW6eciO.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 403
Thanks for your reply. As I said in my original post, I was thinking of using Kubota Standard UDT, as opposed to the Super UDT2. Both are Kubota products. I just wasn't sure if UDT was recommended by Kubota for the bed lift cylinder and pump, but since Richard posted a copy of Kubota's recommended fluids for the RTV900, it clearly shows the standard UDT fluid is acceptable. Just being frugal, I guess. $12 difference between the 2 grades of fluids. Not sure of viscosity ratings, but if Kubota says it's OK and they don't show any temperature stipulations, I think I'll go with the Standard UDT. Thanks