Low Power BX2200

/ Low Power BX2200
Today I drained all the fuel and blew out the return line. It looked like my lift pump was putting out good flow so I didn't change it. Filled with new fuel and started it. Ran very well with plenty of power. Normal throttle response. But, after about 20 mins of running I noticed it did seem to loose some power just like before. The throttle response was a slow when I went from idle to full power.

I let it sit for about 2 hours then started it back up. Was back to full power again with normal throttle response. I only ran it for about 5 mins.

Not sure where to go from here...

/ Low Power BX2200 #22  
Today I drained all the fuel and blew out the return line. It looked like my lift pump was putting out good flow so I didn't change it. Filled with new fuel and started it. Ran very well with plenty of power. Normal throttle response. But, after about 20 mins of running I noticed it did seem to loose some power just like before. The throttle response was a slow when I went from idle to full power.

I let it sit for about 2 hours then started it back up. Was back to full power again with normal throttle response. I only ran it for about 5 mins.

That is a typical symptom of the pleats in a fuel filter element collapsing from high differential pressure. After sitting for awhile the pleats spring back open a bit and it acts normal again for a while. The same thing happened to me back in 2016/17/18 on my BX1500 when I was using the Kubota replacement filters. I just knew it was a fuel issue even though I was having no problems with any of my other tractors on the same fuel.

I finally figured the little in line filters were just small enough that just a little fuel moisture would restrict them to the point that differential pressure across the filter under flow would close them up. I got a bigger inline filter from NAPA and was able to substitute it in place of the filter under the belly pretty easy. No more problem and the filter has been there since Oct2018. If the underbelly of your BX2200 is like mine you could do the same.

-- I used NAPA Gold #3324. The only, initially alarming, effect I got is when fuel got low while using the tractor on slopes. Some air can come into the fuel circuit as the tractor tips back and forth. The filter, being horizontal, traps a bubble which gives some intermittent power delivery as it finally moves on through the injecters. The OEM filter clears quickly. The bigger one gets a bigger bubble that will plague you for several minutes as it leaves the filter in little blurts. Just fill the tank. It will finally clear up. Keep it fairly full when working slopes and it will never happen.

/ Low Power BX2200 #23  

Pull the hose off of the first filter and see how much fuel is running out from the tank. Most likely, it will be a weak flow and there is debris in your fuel tank blocking the opening. I clean the tanks out of 6 to 8 units a year.

/ Low Power BX2200 #24  
Yes. ^^ Nearly complete stoppage at the tank outlet is an issue I ran into once. That hose fitting at the bottom of the tank well is a screw in -1/8pipe thread. When removed it leaves a hole large enough for most debris to wash on through. To check first, I would pull the hose directly off this fitting when the power issue exhibits and with the engine still running. It should gush. --- Turning the engine off stops the suction pull from the fuel pump and pinned debris can move aside - Murphys Law.