Lowes Price Match

/ Lowes Price Match #11  
I bought a 5020 to test out. Good saw and would choose it over a 290. 290 for 400plus and 5020 just say 200plus and do the same cutting.

Just make sure your 5020 is tuned right out of the box. My L and I was off for starting and idling. The H was close enough to call dead on.
Now it is the easiest starting saw I have owned IMHO, after initial tuning.

/ Lowes Price Match #12  
I bought a 5020 to test out. Good saw and would choose it over a 290. 290 for 400plus and 5020 just say 200plus and do the same cutting.

Just make sure your 5020 is tuned right out of the box. My L and I was off for starting and idling. The H was close enough to call dead on.
Now it is the easiest starting saw I have owned IMHO, after initial tuning.

I brought home a new 5020 a couple days ago (just to see what $180 buys), started it and let it run for 30 seconds, just to see if it runs (started 3rd pull on a new saw), can you tell me off the top of your head what tool I need to tune the carb ? Im assuming I get one off of fleabay, but I noticed you have to know which tool you need. Any help there as to which design or "style" fits this carb ?

Wanted to tune it before I started to cut with it, because Ive read time and again, these things come lean from the factory.

Thanks, Windy

/ Lowes Price Match #13  
Present to whom? The cashier, service desk, Pro desk, someone on the floor? Or do they have those any more? 😏

/ Lowes Price Match #15  
Ignore the spammer and do not click those links.
Several people have discussed Lowe's in this thread already. If you see something you feel is suspicious, just report it, and don't reply to it. Thanks.

/ Lowes Price Match #16  
I see this is an old thread but it still has some informational value.

I did something similar when I bought my DeWalt grease gun. I printed out a Home Depot ad for it and took it to Tractor Supply. I was in possession of a 10% off TS coupon and my Home Depot didn't have the grease gun in stock. Tractor supply matched the HD ad and took my 10% off on top of that.

Gotta play these discounts any way that benefits you. ;)

/ Lowes Price Match #17  
I brought home a new 5020 a couple days ago (just to see what $180 buys), started it and let it run for 30 seconds, just to see if it runs (started 3rd pull on a new saw), can you tell me off the top of your head what tool I need to tune the carb ? Im assuming I get one off of fleabay, but I noticed you have to know which tool you need. Any help there as to which design or "style" fits this carb ?

Wanted to tune it before I started to cut with it, because Ive read time and again, these things come lean from the factory.

Thanks, Windy
Spline on the older and newer 5020 I had on bench.

This newer one needed tuned too. Just like the older one I tested out.

p5020r.jpg

/ Lowes Price Match #18  
Several people have discussed Lowe's in this thread already.
in 2013, until the spammer bumped it.
If you see something you feel is suspicious, just report it, and don't reply to it.
I did, and I did, but somebody had already replied and the warning about bad links was necessary. But now it's gone.