LS branching out from tractors in the USA.

/ LS branching out from tractors in the USA. #1  

strantor

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H
Back when I was researching LS, I learned that they make lots of stuff other than tractors. Pretty much just for the Asian market though, it seems. Until yesterday I never came across anything LS except tractors. I was on a customer's site yesterday installing a control panel that I built, and networking it with several existing (newly built/installed) panels and I found LS components in several of them. I need to find out who the LS contractor distributor is, see what else they sell, and if these are a better value than what I typically use. You guys come across any non-tractor LS stuff?

Attachments

• 20190118_174018.jpg
    20190118_174018.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 202
  • 20190118_174009.jpg
    20190118_174009.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 293
   / LS branching out from tractors in the USA. #3  
That's part of what I find annoying. LG/LS is one of the largest corporations in the world, literally dwarfing some of the others that are more well known. Yet people on these boards keep poo-pooing blue. I wish they'd put some effort into their dealer network and web support though. It's not easy to find official factory information or buy branded parts on the web. It can be done, but it should be easier.

/ LS branching out from tractors in the USA. #4  
That's part of what I find annoying. LG/LS is one of the largest corporations in the world, literally dwarfing some of the others that are more well known. Yet people on these boards keep poo-pooing blue. I wish they'd put some effort into their dealer network and web support though. It's not easy to find official factory information or buy branded parts on the web. It can be done, but it should be easier.

and a little more price friendly.....

/ LS branching out from tractors in the USA. #5  

World’s largest tractor markets - India and China

India, the world’s largest tractor market, took 570,000 of them, while China is a good second at 420,000. The figures are certainly impressive when you consider that both countries each took more new tractors that the combined total of Europe (165,000 in 2016) and the US (approx. 211,000 units).

/ LS branching out from tractors in the USA. #6  
   / LS branching out from tractors in the USA. #7  
Back when I was researching LS, I learned that they make lots of stuff other than tractors. Pretty much just for the Asian market though, it seems. Until yesterday I never came across anything LS except tractors. I was on a customer's site yesterday installing a control panel that I built, and networking it with several existing (newly built/installed) panels and I found LS components in several of them. I need to find out who the LS contractor distributor is, see what else they sell, and if these are a better value than what I typically use. You guys come across any non-tractor LS stuff?

What is that to the right of the contactor with red 3 in and red 4 out?

/ LS branching out from tractors in the USA.
What is that to the right of the contactor with red 3 in and red 4 out?

Aux contact to illuminate a pilot light when the contractor is closed.

/ LS branching out from tractors in the USA. #9  
Aux contact to illuminate a pilot light when the contractor is closed.

Triggered off of the contactor, got it. :thumbsup:

/ LS branching out from tractors in the USA.
Well so far I find the LS contactors <100% awesome. One of my electricians was going through all the panels before we power them up and checking tightness of connections, when this happened:
20190130_074213.jpg20190130_074312.jpg20190130_074219.jpg
A new contactor is on order but commissioning must go on, so a bandaid was employed.
20190130_081438.jpg20190130_080907.jpg

Maybe it isn't fair for me to take away points from LS on this issue, as I wasn't the one turning the screw and I don't know how much torque he was putting on it. He could have had a hex socket on a 2ft breaker bar for all I know. The report I got was "I barely tried to snug it up."