LS Mt240e problem need advice

/ LS Mt240e problem need advice #1  

TCATTC

Tractor
LS MT240e, 3000 Ford
Just bought a brand new MT240e got it home and unloaded, played around with it a few minutes and parked it. The next day it won't start. It acts like a safety swith won't let tit start with the key, It starts fine if you jump the starter solenoid. What should I check?

/ LS Mt240e problem need advice #3  
Just bought a brand new MT240e got it home and unloaded, played around with it a few minutes and parked it. The next day it won't start. It acts like a safety swith won't let tit start with the key, It starts fine if you jump the starter solenoid. What should I check?
Check safety switch on the clutch , assume dash lights up with key on. Hydro requires pedals in neutral position. Pto must be off to start. Based on being able to jump circuit means one of the safety switches are not activated. Make sure you make the dealer provide service manual for tractor you may have to pay but it does pay for itself in the long run.

/ LS Mt240e problem need advice #4  
Also there's a switch on the seat it wont start if no-one is sitting on the seat. Mine is super sensitive I have to sit down hard sometimes to get it to work and if I lean back too far looking back at implements it sometimes wants to shut the tractor down. Its annoying but its a safety feature. Can loosen the spring on the seat adjustment that helped me. I'm only 175#s so loosen the seat some if you lighter.

Nice tractor - GL with it.

/ LS Mt240e problem need advice #5  
Also there's a switch on the seat it wont start if no-one is sitting on the seat. Mine is super sensitive I have to sit down hard sometimes to get it to work and if I lean back too far looking back at implements it sometimes wants to shut the tractor down. Its annoying but its a safety feature. Can loosen the spring on the seat adjustment that helped me. I'm only 175#s so loosen the seat some if you lighter.

Nice tractor - GL with it.
Not on the MT240. I can start mine standing beside it with parking brake on and gear shifter in neutral. I do it every time so it can warm up a couple minutes while I do other things. I know the seat switch is working too as If I stand up with it running it will beep, if I have a direction pedal even slightly pressed and stand up it will turn the tractor off.

I agree with the others, make sure PTO switch is off, in fact, cycle it on and off a few times.

/ LS Mt240e problem need advice #6  
@Bearsixty7 that's because you. like me, have a HE (hydrostatic drive) the OP didn't mention that, just 240E. The HE will start in gear as well, it might even start with the parking brake off too.

/ LS Mt240e problem need advice #7  
@Bearsixty7 that's because you. like me, have a HE (hydrostatic drive) the OP didn't mention that, just 240E. The HE will start in gear as well, it might even start with the parking brake off too.
Ah, good point, I missed that and just assume a 40HP or smaller is hydrostat, just the best option and versatility.

/ LS Mt240e problem need advice #8  
I have a late 2019 XG3025, 25hp, 12 speed shuttle shift. The only safety switches are on the clutch (must be depressed) and the F/R shuttle lever (must be in neutral), and the PTO switch must be 'off'.
The trans shifter can be in gear and the range selector has no neutral, so always engaged. No seat switch whatsoever. Brake doesn't even have to be depressed or locked.