LS MT240HST

/ LS MT240HST #1  

traderfjp

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT240HE
Hi,

Thinking about ordering a MT240HST machine with a backhoe. Coming off a MT125 that has been a workhorse. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with this tractor and if any new models or upgrades are in the works that aren't on the website. I got a killer price and am leaning towards ordering it. Dealer will give me 11k on my 1 year old 140 hours mt125 with backhoe but I can also try to sell it privately while I wait the 5 weeks for the tractor to come from the factory.

Thanks!

/ LS MT240HST #2  
Just got mine 6/19/20 and only have 12.5 hours on it so far but it has worked flawlessly!

/ LS MT240HST
I just ordered one. I got the 16" bucket, LS backhoe thumb and a horn. Can't wait to get it. Did u have to wait long for yours? They are saying 5 weeks. I've been very happy with my MT125 but it's a toy compared to what it coming. I drove a MT240hst at my dealer. I loved the comfort, power, fit and finish, etc. I wasn't on it too long but liked what I saw and experienced. Luckily, I can get this beast in my garage. I'm looking forward using it on my property. For the price this machine can't be beat. A similar Kobuta was about 13k more.

/ LS MT240HST #4  
I just ordered one. I got the 16" bucket, LS backhoe thumb and a horn. Can't wait to get it. Did u have to wait long for yours? They are saying 5 weeks. I've been very happy with my MT125 but it's a toy compared to what it coming. I drove a MT240hst at my dealer. I loved the comfort, power, fit and finish, etc. I wasn't on it too long but liked what I saw and experienced. Luckily, I can get this beast in my garage. I'm looking forward using it on my property. For the price this machine can't be beat. A similar Kobuta was about 13k more.
Ended up being about 5 weeks, initially dealer said 2, maybe 1 week, the last 3 were brutal!! :)
I just got the standard 12" bucket, thought I wanted the 9" for irrigation line install/repairs but the 12 works great. I also got the 2 rear remotes and R1 tires as we plan to have a large garden when I retire and we move to a bigger place plus plan to maintain some game plots somewhere. I rented a Kubota BX25 with R4 tires a few years ago and it got stuck in some shallow mud in the yard, had to use the back hoe to get it out. Decided then I'd never have R4 tires on my own tractor. Plus I'm used to R1's from growing up on the farm.

/ LS MT240HST
Good luck with your retirement. I retired a year ago and am very happy even though the Virus took away bowling, pickle ball, etc. With the Virus I guess 5 weeks is the norm for delivery. My dealer said that if I wanted to do tractor work commercially I should get the industrial tires because they won't eat up people's lawns. The Ag tires look more aggressive and the thread pattern looks to be better in mud. I got stuck a lot with my MT125 but it has small tires and a small frame but did have the industrial tires that u hate. Do u think the Ag tires will do damage on grass lawns compared to the industrial tires? U have me re-thinking my decision. Wondering what the remotes on the back of the tractor is for?
I'm retired and don't have to work but thought it might be fun to do some irrigation projects, dig a few ponds, move dirt around for homeowner's, etc. I have almost 3 acres but have to get creative to find a place for the trailer. The wife doesn't want to see it. Have u removed your backhoe yet. I read it's easy once u do it a couple of times? One little toy I bought that u may like it a fuel transport. It is like a wand that goes into a container of diesel and has a pump with a nozzle that turns the flow on and off. It makes filling my mt125 a breeze and a clean experience. I see your from Texas. We lived in Mesquite for a year.

/ LS MT240HST #6  
Yes, R1 tires are so much better in mud and soft dirt like plowing which I plan to do down the road. It doesn't really damage the lawn but sometimes it will leave some "cleat" indentations but I actually enjoy riding over them on the zero-turn, reminds me I have a tractor! :).
Rear remotes are for running hydraulics on any rear attachment, They actually ended up running my backhoe off one of them that has the "detent" which means it stays in the "up" or "down" mode, the other is momentary style.
I have not removed the backhoe yet, I actually use it more than the loader so far, removed 2 tree stumps/roots and repairing and rerouting irrigation lines.
I have 2 5 gallon diesel fuel cans but haven't needed to refuel yet, I may look into the transfer pump though.

/ LS MT240HST #7  

I am curious as to the price for the MT240. The MT225E is the same size tractor (frame, tires, etc..) but does not have any of the emissions junk. Just curious.. they are both great machines.

/ LS MT240HST #8  
I am curious as to the price for the MT240. The MT225E is the same size tractor (frame, tires, etc..) but does not have any of the emissions junk. Just curious.. they are both great machines.

I don't think so, the 230/235/240 are the same size frame, engine and operator platform, the 225e is a little smaller engine and operator platform, not sure about the frame, suspect it's smaller. Now the MT225S is supposed to be a larger operator platform.

/ LS MT240HST
Check to see if you have local dealers. U want to make sure u can get service. I have three LS dealers in about an hour from my house. I wanted the extra power that you get from a 40hp engine. I have the 25hp engine in my MT125. The engine in the 240 is much smoother and I could feel a substantial increase in power. The 25hp is a very capable engine. The MT125 is an amazing tractor but leaves u wanting for more power on larger projects. For most things it's great. I didn't test drive the 25hp motor in the 2 series LS tractors so I have no idea how it would perform with a 3 speed HST and the extra weight. My inclination would be to get as much power as u can afford.

/ LS MT240HST #10  
I don't think so, the 230/235/240 are the same size frame, engine and operator platform, the 225e is a little smaller engine and operator platform, not sure about the frame, suspect it's smaller. Now the MT225S is supposed to be a larger operator platform.

That's backwards... the MT225E/HE are the same identical platforms, frame, tires, etc... The MT225-S is much smaller... an in between size of the MT125 and the larger MT2 series. Hence the subletter of S... for Small. (This was told to me my the #1 rated LS dealer in the nation)

The engines / hydraulics / loaders are the big differences between the 225, 230, 235, 240. (Also pointed out to me by the dealer when I was researching)
Naturally, some features are different like loader valve placement, other levers, cosmetic changes, etc..