LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #242  
IMHO it appears that the engine is not burning fuel
like it should causing too much soot. Could be pouring
in too much fuel, lifters not set right wonder if they put
the correct cam in if everything else checks out

willy

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #243  
I posted a while back about my 573 doing it's first regen at just under 50 hrs and my suspicion that it may be timer related.
Today I hit 99.3 hrs and sure enough my Regen light came on and about 3 mins later it went into Regen mode. It took a little over 20 mins to complete it's Regen which is about the same as far as I can remember for the first one.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #244  
Common rail fuel system controlled by ECM can only have emissions deleted if someone makes a delete kit for that engine that will fool the ECM into thinking that everything is good by sending false signals to the ECM, instead of the real signals from the sensors. (emulator) Otherwise, the ECM won't let the engine run. ECM's are required by law to have anti-tamper features in the engine control software programmed into them, otherwise it would be too easy to bypass. Companies make delete kits for trucks and some large farm tractors, but I doubt anyone makes a kit for LS tractor engines. Don't forget, our government mandated all this BS, so the manufacturers, dealers, and customers have no control over it. And the US, Canada, and European countries are the only ones using these emissions systems. The rest of the world doesn't, so it's pointless. They can pollute all they want. You could block off the EGR tube between the EGR cooler and EGR valve, and that will prevent exhaust from going into the intake manifold so the engine runs cleaner. The ECM won't know it and the DPF will get less soot so it might regen less often. Engines don't like to run on their own exhaust by having dirty exhaust pumped into the intake manifold, they like clean fresh air just like us.
Your comment sounds like you’re making a universal statement about tier 4 tractors. Mine only regenerates every 70 hours and only for about 15 minutes. I’m suggesting that some companies do a better job with the technology than others and it’s not a one size fits all situation.