Lucas Fuel System Treatment in Tractors?

/ Lucas Fuel System Treatment in Tractors? #11  
1628367785519.png
1628367785519.pngI like the Amsoil diesel additive in the picture.Cleans the fuel system, provides lubrication, and increases Cetane for better efficiency and power. My Kioti likes it, no rattles on a cold start and very little black smoke even when working it hard. Dutchy

/ Lucas Fuel System Treatment in Tractors? #12  
There's a couple of authors over on Dieselnet.com who look to be putting together a comprehensive paper on diesel additives.
fuel_diesel_additives.php
At least the teaser looks like the paper is intended to be comprehensive, but so far the abstract doesn't show qualifications or academic references.

/ Lucas Fuel System Treatment in Tractors? #13  
One problem I have with additives is people say they have been using a product for 30 years, never had a problem. Would they have had a problem if they hadn’t used it? Unless there is a specific reason, like anti gel or algae growth, I don’t like them. In the OP’s case I get it, a high pressure pump that has been a weak point for some. The question is what additive helps with this specific problem? If you are running diesel from the pump that has any bio in it you are already getting the best lubrication additive.

/ Lucas Fuel System Treatment in Tractors? #14  
There’s lotsa stories out there for sure. But Diesel engines run best when cetane is around 52. Most diesel fuel in North America is lucky to be 42. Also with the low low sulphur levels now, in other words reduced lubrication, it’s good to add some quality additive to address that too. This isn’t hype or old habits, it’s today’s reality since fuel, newer oils, fancier fuel delivery, turbos etc are way different/evolved from yesteryear... my 2 cents, Dutchy