M5660SU deal good enough to jump on?

/ M5660SU deal good enough to jump on? #1  

LittleBittyBigJohn

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025R, Spartan SRT-XD 72" zero turn
I'm not really in NEED of a bigger tractor. But, I will eventually get a larger one for mostly cutting grass on the bigger area of the property and doing the odd things that the 1025R is not suited for. I just so happened to see a really nice 2016 M5660SU - 2 wheel drive - with less than 600 hours on it for about $24K. I don't NEED 4 wheel drive so I don't think it's a huge deal that it does not have it, although if I had my choice I would rather have it than not. My property is pretty flat and only a couple areas get soggy in the winter. FYI a new one with 4wd is about $42k. The question is... is it a good enough deal that it should entice me to buy when I otherwise wouldn't be buying???

M5660.jpg

/ M5660SU deal good enough to jump on? #2  
VIDEO:

If you can sell your current Deere 1025R for $10,000, your net cost for the B5660 is a minimal $14,000.

BUT you will rut any and every lawn you cross unless the ground beneath is dry and brick hard.

FYI a new one with 4wd is about $42k.

A new M5660SU, 2-WD, NO LOADER, is MSRP $26,479.86

Kubota USA Web Site: Tractors - Utility - M5660SU | Kubota

If you can qualify for the 25% Equine discount, which apparently is still available in 2022, $26,479.86 becomes $21,183.89.

Last edited:
   / M5660SU deal good enough to jump on?
Not planning on selling the 1025R. It's just not big enough to bush hog the whole 10ish acres I live on in a reasonable time frame. An additional larger tractor is a want not a need. I would hopefully get something like an 8' rotary cutter and that is mainly what it's job would be. I would also be able to use a post hole digger and field cultivator, disc etc. The zero turn is the primary yard mowing tool. My wife gets on the 1025R with the 60" mid mower to help a lot of times. I would not plan on mowing the lawn with the big one.

Right now there is a brand new M5660SUHD which is the 4WD version in stock at an Arkansas dealer for $43,157. Yes I know it's outrageous but that is what it costs.

I was just mainly seeing if anyone thought this one was a killer deal too good to pass up.

/ M5660SU deal good enough to jump on? #4  
sounds like a good deal, but in time, you may come to regret the lack of 4wd esp w/loader work, or soil engagement implements regards,

/ M5660SU deal good enough to jump on? #5  
I'm not really in NEED of a bigger tractor. But, I will eventually get a larger one for mostly cutting grass on the bigger area of the property and doing the odd things that the 1025R is not suited for. I just so happened to see a really nice 2016 M5660SU - 2 wheel drive - with less than 600 hours on it for about $24K. I don't NEED 4 wheel drive so I don't think it's a huge deal that it does not have it, although if I had my choice I would rather have it than not. My property is pretty flat and only a couple areas get soggy in the winter. FYI a new one with 4wd is about $42k. The question is... is it a good enough deal that it should entice me to buy when I otherwise wouldn't be buying???

View attachment 731299
Two wheel drive tractors do not sell well and make poor loader tractors.

It will make a good mowing tractor but you will counterweight to do just about anything with the FEL.

SDT

/ M5660SU deal good enough to jump on? #6  
I ran 2wd utility tractors for years, still run them farming. Did all farm work, tillage, loader, haying with 2wd, it all got done with planning. Don't send a 2wd loader somewhere a 4wd loader is needed and you are fine.

You are planning to main cut grass with it. That tractor will be perfectly fine for that. The loader is QA, take it off to mow and have little worry if you are mowing when conditions are right.

/ M5660SU deal good enough to jump on? #7  
Around here a 2wd sells for next to nothing when compared to a 4x4.

/ M5660SU deal good enough to jump on?
I'm passing on it. Still too much to splurge on at this time.