M8540 narrow front axle locked up

/ M8540 narrow front axle locked up
Used Case-IH hytran, mechanic said the oil was fine and not the cause of the problem.

/ M8540 narrow front axle locked up #13  
Hello Robert,
Glad you got it fixed.
Fixing to buy a Kubota myself this weekend, though not a narrow one like that.
Hope your back is doing well.
That daughter of yours is probably grown up by now!
David from jax

Hello Robert,
Glad you got it fixed.
Fixing to buy a Kubota myself this weekend, though not a narrow one like that.
Hope your back is doing well.
That daughter of yours is probably grown up by now!
David from jax
Thanks david, Ava turns 13 in august. Definitely growing up faster than I would like.

What model kubota are you looking at?

/ M8540 narrow front axle locked up #15  
What model kubota are you looking at?

Brought it home this afternoon, been on it all evening. M7040. Doesn't have the weight that my JD 2555 has, but with 4x4 it tends to go on the banks of the pond that the JD was not fond of.
I was looking at the mowers that the seller had, a 3008 and a Rhino SR15 to get a wider cut so I could stay away from the edge of the water and still cut all the way to the water's edge. The four wheel drive of the tractor struck my fancy and I decided it might make walking down the pond banks easier. I am going to hook both mowers up and use the smaller one around the wooded area and the batwing on the open area and as much of the pond banks as it will stand.
I am currently not required to mow the banks but they want them mowed and there are no taker's on doing it, at least not for a reasonable price.
David from jax

/ M8540 narrow front axle locked up #16  
sandman...on your M7040, I'll presume you have cast rear wheel centers so add two rear weights to each side (660 lbs total) and seven 100 lb weights to the front and you have all the stability you need or want. When you are all done needing and wanting, remove the weights. The M7040, and similar, is one of the best tractors I have ever come across for utilty work.

/ M8540 narrow front axle locked up #17  
sandman...on your M7040, I'll presume you have cast rear wheel centers so add two rear weights to each side (660 lbs total) and seven 100 lb weights to the front and you have all the stability you need or want. When you are all done needing and wanting, remove the weights. The M7040, and similar, is one of the best tractors I have ever come across for utilty work.
Thanks sixdogs, I will take that suggestion under consideration.
David from jax

/ M8540 narrow front axle locked up #18  
Just curious, with a loader, why would I want to add weight to the front? Seems like the front will already be heavy enough, or if I need more, just pick up something in the bucket?
I honestly don't know if they are cast wheels or not, but I know I don't have any added wheel weights. The previous owner said he had the tires filled but I need to check to see what they were filled with. My luck it will be straight water. I actually prefer that the tires not be filled, but only because I really hate rusty rims! Weight is too easy to put on when you have as much junk laying around as I do, lol.
David from jax

/ M8540 narrow front axle locked up #19  
Well, you wouldn't need front weights with a loader and both wouldn't fit anyway. I forgot the loader was on it. Without a loader the tractor handles better. We think the same on loaded tires since they do give the weight needed but rot the wheels. It's much better, I think to use weights. You can add or subtract when needed and sell for a breakeven cost when you're done.

Junk laying around is a good thing. You can save lots of $$ over the years from "scrap" metal others cast aside.

/ M8540 narrow front axle locked up #20  
A wide variety of liquids get used for weight in tractor tires but there are several now that do not rust out the wheels (and of course do not freeze solid.) At least one is sold specifically for weighting tires.

Most of those filling tires only do the rear ones, not the front. Not completely sure why that is. Exterior weights always seem to get in the way of something -- be it airing tires or lug access or whatever.