Mahindra 2415 HST Starter not engaging

/ Mahindra 2415 HST Starter not engaging #1  

dvleemin

Hi All,
Yesterday my 2415 starter stopped engaging, and hoping someone has some ideas.

Here's the details:
- confirmed battery is fine, and when I turn the key the glowplug light comes on and I can hear the glowplugs 'clicking'
- I confirmed the switch at the PTO lever is fully depressed. Also unplugged it, and used a wire to connect the two wires together in case it was the switch
- I confirmed the switch for the drive is fully depressed

Is there anything else from a wiring perspective that I should be checking? My next thoughts was to check the starter and see if I can hot wire the solinoid to see if the starter itself is working.

Darryl

/ Mahindra 2415 HST Starter not engaging #2  
There should be a starter relay somewhere that also needs to be checked. Key-swich wouldn't last long if direct-wired to the solenoid.

/ Mahindra 2415 HST Starter not engaging #3  
"Starter stopped engaging" is not very informative. It could mean you cannot get it to work from the switch or it could mean the starter attempts to work but hasn't enough force to engage the flywheel. The first issue would normally be a safety which is not satisfied. The second could be inadequate power to the starter. You say you checked the battery. How was that accomplished? I suggest a load test for that. Remove connectors from the battery. Clean terminals and connectors thoroughly. Replace and tighten securely. Follow ground lead to chassis. Clean to ensure good contact and tighten. That gets you to a starting point for troubleshooting.