Mahindra 2555 HST A/C Belt crossover.

/ Mahindra 2555 HST A/C Belt crossover. #1  

RAHarden

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HST, John Deere 534, Minneapolis Moline UB, M5, Jet Star
My 2555 a/c belt broke. I don't have a local dealer, so I thought NAPA or another auto parts store could crossover the belt to a Gates or other common brand. They are having trouble. The A-54 NAPA belt is a bit too long. The width is 1/2", but the depth is less than the original Mahindra belt. I haven't check other parts stores because most were closed over the July 4th holiday. Does anyone have a good part number for a non-Mahindra a/c belt? Thank you.

/ Mahindra 2555 HST A/C Belt crossover. #2  
Any luck with this? My belt just blew. Shredded, can't even measure.

/ Mahindra 2555 HST A/C Belt crossover.
Any luck with this? My belt just blew. Shredded, can't even measure.
Yes! I should have posted what I bought. The old belt was a Dong A-54. NAPA gave me their A-54 belt, made by Gates. It was 1/2" wide, like the original. It was too long and would not tighten up. I took it back and exchanged it for an A-53 and that fit fine. It was a bit tight to install, but if you install it on the crank pulley and compressor pulley first, then stretch it on the adjuster pulley, it fit fine. It works and hasn't broke or squealed. I could not find a Mahindra 2555 HST a/c belt listed anywhere, but at a Mahindra dealer.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 2555 HST A/C Belt crossover. #4  
Thank you RAHarden. I ended up running over to my Mahindra dealer and bought their last ac compressor and fan belts - $21 each!. I install the compressor belt by loosening the adjuster and it went right in...15 minute job. I thought I'd quickly replace the fan belt as well but realized it was more involved...another day.
Thank you for your info. It's in my pocket when I'm in a pinch.