Mahindra 2555 PTO not turning

/ Mahindra 2555 PTO not turning #1  
Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HST
Was out doing some stump grinding and piling some brush this morning. I finished a couple stumps and turned off the PTO (woodland mills PTO stump grinder). Did some work with the grapple cleaning up some downed brush. When I went to start grinding another stump, the PTO wouldnt engage. The pushbutton light is on, but no sound heard and no spinning. The only other thing, which i wouldnt think was related, was when the PTO didnt engage, I looked at the dash and saw the 'water in fuel filter' light on. Shut the tractor down. Dumped the filter and replaced. No more warning light, but PTO wasnt working. Thoughts? I was hot, sweaty, tired, and had a wife waiting to leave so didnt do much trouble shooting. Is there a fuse for it? Something else to look for when i go back out? Unfortunately, my tractor is about 2 hrs from my home on our property. Its an HST if that matters and i did check the hyd fluid dipstick and looked good

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 2555 PTO not turning #2  
Was out doing some stump grinding and piling some brush this morning. I finished a couple stumps and turned off the PTO (woodland mills PTO stump grinder). Did some work with the grapple cleaning up some downed brush. When I went to start grinding another stump, the PTO wouldnt engage. The pushbutton light is on, but no sound heard and no spinning. The only other thing, which i wouldnt think was related, was when the PTO didnt engage, I looked at the dash and saw the 'water in fuel filter' light on. Shut the tractor down. Dumped the filter and replaced. No more warning light, but PTO wasnt working. Thoughts? I was hot, sweaty, tired, and had a wife waiting to leave so didnt do much trouble shooting. Is there a fuse for it? Something else to look for when i go back out? Unfortunately, my tractor is about 2 hrs from my home on our property. Its an HST if that matters and i did check the hyd fluid dipstick and looked good
Might take the ground cable off the battery for a few minutes ,I guess it's possible the computer hasn't detected any change.

/ Mahindra 2555 PTO not turning #3  
I have a Mahindra 4510. I think it has 2 and perhaps 3 areas that activate/deactivate the PTO. Could one of those have gotten bumped/disconnected. I remember a time when I would blow fuses with some regularity. Just carried spares. Unsure what caused that but I thought it was a PTO issue. Just can't remember for sure nor the cure.

/ Mahindra 2555 PTO not turning #4  
You indicate moving some brush. You also indicate it is a push button PTO. In other words it is an electric clutch for the PTO.
Exposed wiring and brush are no friendly to one another. I would start by crawling under the tractor with a good light snd look for electrical connections that have been pulled apart and for wires that have been pulled out of connectors. Make any needed repairs to wiring. Put exposed wiring in a loom then secure the loom so that it is as difficult for brush to interfere with the wiring as humanly possible. Unfortunately, brush will grab onto anything loose and then not let go causing troubles.