Mahindra 3510 HST Pedal Linkage Repair

/ Mahindra 3510 HST Pedal Linkage Repair #1  

bruhhindra

Tractor
2004 Mahindra 3510 HST
I have an older 3510 HST, around 2004 era. It has quite a few issues, but the pedals recently stopped working completely (they had been stiff and messed up for a while, wasn't sure what was wrong). Turns out the part Mahindra refers to as LH Elbow had busted underneath it. It links the rod from the pedals to the block that operates the HST. The bolt part of the elbow had busted off so I was able to remove it and unscrew it from the rod with little issue. I ordered a new one, $29, and it got here. Got under there and of course now I can't get it into the hole because of the cast iron shroud around all of it. Look at the schematic in the service manual (yes, I have one), and looks like that block it goes into is removable with one big bolt. Break that sucker off finally with a breaker bar and a wrench to hold, and bolt comes out! Go to pull off the block and .... it impacts against the d*** cast shroud! There's a lip RIGHT in the way of removing it. Seriously considering grinding that lip off the inner cast shroud but the tractor is in an awkward position out in the snow, can't jack it up at all, so space under is pretty tight and I don't have any small grinders to shove up in there. Any suggestions would be VERY welcome! The dealer is 80 miles away and I'm sure they'd probably charge me an arm and a leg.

1365-1024.jpg

/ Mahindra 3510 HST Pedal Linkage Repair
Well I ordered a burr bit for a die grinder to take that cast lip off of the inside of the housing where I need it to be gone. Wish me luck!

/ Mahindra 3510 HST Pedal Linkage Repair
Burr bit worked to gouge enough out to slide the elbow in! I now have everything working!