Mahindra 4110 with WR Long Third Function Issue

/ Mahindra 4110 with WR Long Third Function Issue #1  

hsargent21

Tractor
Mahindra 4110
Good Afternoon,

First to introduce myself I'm Herman. I just retired out of the US Air Force after a 27 year career. I have moved home to East Texas and I'm working with my father in laws 4110. He has a Mahinda 4110 that he purchased in 2002. It has a Kansas Machine Works FIL. I wanted to get a grapple for it so I converted it from a pin on bucket to a skid steer quick attach. I also ordered and installed a WR Long third function valve and a Armstrong Ag grapple. Once I had everything installed and tested it I have a problem. The grapple seems to close at a normal rate but opens very slowly. I have done a lot of trouble shooting with some assistance from WR Long. We have verified that everything is installed correctly. I have removed and installed that quick couplers several times. We have also changed all the quick couplers. I have also went and picked up another new grapple to test it but had the same problem. At this point I believe I have a bad valve and WR Long is sending me a new valve. All other functions on the FIL work as expected. Has anyone ran into this issue? Any ideas of anything else I should check? Thank you for any assistance and hope everyone has a great weekend.

/ Mahindra 4110 with WR Long Third Function Issue #2  
Welcome to TBN and thank you for your service!

Sounds like you are getting good support from WR Long. I would have suspected quick couplers as well. Hopefully the new valve solves your issue.

Where in East Texas? I am outside of Mineola.

/ Mahindra 4110 with WR Long Third Function Issue
I'm just outside Pineland Texas. Yes the guys at WR Long have been great. I purchased the kit from Everything Attachments. They have also been very helpful. Can say the same think about Armstrong Ag. I have talked to all of them several times over the past week. This project has been a bit more difficult than I expected. Not a big deal and know that I will love the grapple once I get it set up.

/ Mahindra 4110 with WR Long Third Function Issue #4  
You are about 2.5 hours southeast of me. I know you will love the grapple. I have mine on one of the tractors at all times. Pallet forks on the other one. I hardly ever use a bucket anymore. Anyway welcome and good luck.

Ok...here is an update....the saga continues. WR Long sent me a new valve. I changed it out today. No change with the grapple. Still closes at a normal rate but opens very slowly. Then I swapped all quick connects and still have the issue. However now I have a new problem. the 3 point hitch will not raise. I had noticed that it had slowed down but worked fine a few days ago. No nothing. I did cycle the rate control knob with no change. I checked the hydraulic fluid its a little low but not that low. Will get more tomorrow and add fluid. The FEL raises and tilts with no problems. Any ideas?

/ Mahindra 4110 with WR Long Third Function Issue #6  
Can you post a picture that shows the connection from the loader valve to the new valve?

Will the 3pt raise if you move the loader at the same time? Sounds like you are plumbed of the tank port instead of the Power Beyond port on the loader.

Problem Solved....Ok after beating my head against the wall for a month we finally have everything working. Now....I'm not a tractor guy....still have a lot to learn so don't bash me too hard. There is a lever beside the chair that turns on the remotes at the rear of the tractor. At some point it had been bumped. I guess that effected the flow to the third function valve. Then I guess during all the maintenance I did over the last few weeks troubleshooting the grapple I must have bumped it more. That shut off the 3 point and turned on the remotes. Once I put it in its correct position everything is working as advertised. Oh well....

/ Mahindra 4110 with WR Long Third Function Issue #8  
You are not alone. How many here have written in about their tractor not starting only to find out they have some lever engaged such as the pto or neutral/gear cut-off so the tractor won't start if engaged. And these may be ppl with way more experience than thee.

/ Mahindra 4110 with WR Long Third Function Issue #9  
No, you WEREN"T a tractor guy. NOW - you are learning and will soon be giving others good advice.

Thank you for your service to our country and welcome to TBN.