Mahindra 4530 rear lift

/ Mahindra 4530 rear lift #1  

Wmivey

Tractor
John Deere 5200
I’m having trouble with the speed and power on the three point hitch lift. It is suddenly real slow and lacks power. If I rev up the RPM, it’ll move faster, but not near as fast as normal. The front hydraulics work at a normal rate. I have the typical loader arrangement as well as a grapple with the third function switch added. I added hydraulic fluid and it is at the correct level. No help from Mahindra at all. They just said bring it in. Any thoughts?

/ Mahindra 4530 rear lift #2  
This thread may provide the general solution.....

/ Mahindra 4530 rear lift #3  
Did you unknowingly change the draft control lever (if equipped)

/ Mahindra 4530 rear lift
No, I have moved the lever trying to see if that affected it. Someone borrowed the tractor and I discovered a few problems when I got back home after it was returned. I can’t think of what he could have done. I don‘t believe it’s the draft control.

/ Mahindra 4530 rear lift #5  
Two things I don't loan out...............my tractor and my chain saw. Did you ask the guy that borrowed it what he did with it? did to it? He could have added a "thicker" hyd. fluid.
What model Mahindra? How many hours? How low was the hyd. fluid when you got it back?
hugs, Brandi

I reluctantly loaned it to the guy. i wanted to do the work but I was leaving the country for a few days. I got a message that he wanted to add hydraulic fluid and I said I had some in my shop but couldn’t remember the spec. I added just over a quart when I got home. I’m not sure that was an issue because it’s acting the same. The tractor is a Mahindra 4530 and it has 511 hours on it. I’ve ordered a hydraulic filter and picked up the fluid. As soon as it gets here, I’ll change that and clean the screen. We’ll see where that gets me.

/ Mahindra 4530 rear lift #7  
I hope that does it. Does your tractor have separate transmission and hydrualic reservoirs? My 6520s's are combined and I use Shell Spirax S4 TXM. She also has TWO hyd. filters and a screen.
I would get that neighbor over so he could point out exactly what he poured in.
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra 4530 rear lift #8  
Does your tractor have a 3 point speed control knob?
I would check for that.

Sorry I’m a bit tardy responding. I’ve been on the road a lot and just got home today. It does have a lock for transporting the tractor with implements attached. I think it just secures things up, but I cycled that both ways a few times with no difference observed. It does have a single reservoir for the transmission and all hydraulics. I ordered a new filter and a friend picked up the good hydraulic oil at a store in a next door state. He’s not back yet but I hope to get it serviced this weekend. It holds about 10 1/2 gallons. I’ll keep you posted.