Mahindra 5010 PTO shaft oil seal

/ Mahindra 5010 PTO shaft oil seal #1  

namsag

Tractor
Mahindra 5010
I have a big leak at the PTO shaft and am preparing to change the seal. Was wondering if anyone with specific experience with the 5010 can comment on any advice/pitfalls. I have a factory service manual but I cannot seem to locate the relevant section in it.

I believe I have found the right part# after a lot of searching, #16322732010. There is also located next to it on the parts diagrams a #14522200041, PTO shaft sleeve. Does this need to be changed as well? How would it be removed?

I would post the parts diagram I am referring to but I cannot make it work.

I would appreciate any advice/comments, the dealer I bought this tractor from new has shut down and disappeared, so I am on my own for as much maintenance/minor repair as I can do myself, otherwise it is more than an hour drive and who knows how much for hauling to the nearest dealer.

Thanks, namsag.

/ Mahindra 5010 PTO shaft oil seal #2  
I have a 2810 and have replaced the seal, once at about 500 hrs after i had done some tilling in very hard and dry soil, At 1100 hrs i have noticed a leak there again, Replacing the seal was fairly simple, If you raise the rear up you wont loose much fluid. There is a you tube video of it being done, Just google it.

/ Mahindra 5010 PTO shaft oil seal #3  
i have had 3 seals in my 2655 and still leaks. dealer has the same problem with another mahindra. other forums show others are having the same problem. does changing the shaft sleeve fix that? another forum one guy said to put a seal on that was one mm smaller in ID. has anyone changed that shaft sleeve and how did you do it? does anyone have the engineering specs on ID, OD and thickness on the OEM seal? i tried measuring it with a caliper but since it is hard rubber, it is hard to get it really close. took it to napa and they were not any more successful than i was.

/ Mahindra 5010 PTO shaft oil seal #4  
Not sure on specs but one video i watched the guy used a gasket sealer on both bearing surfaces and let it dry before adding fluid. When i replaced mine i cut a peice of PVC pipe I think it was 2 in, I used it to tap the seal in instead of tapping directly on the seal,

/ Mahindra 5010 PTO shaft oil seal #5  
Had to replace the seal on my 4510 maybe 10 years ago. Made a tool as I recall to help retract the old seal and I think some kind of collar to press the new one back in, similar to 3 gunr. This is all from memory.

/ Mahindra 5010 PTO shaft oil seal #6  
thanks all, however my problem is that new seals dont fix the leak. i know how to change the seals myself. only reason the dealer has it is that they were doing transmission work on it.

tom

/ Mahindra 5010 PTO shaft oil seal #7  
being a 10 series its probably similar to the 2810. The PTO seal is a two piece seal (the inner and outer parts of the seal turn on themselves and does not move on the pto shaft) . I had leaks after seal replacement also until I used RTV. after using RTV per dealer advice I ended all my seal leaks after that. [pics] 2810 pto seal how to

/ Mahindra 5010 PTO shaft oil seal #8  
thanks for some suggestions. my tractor is a mahindra 2655 hst cab. i did know how to change the seal and it is a single seal. i even tried using one that was one mm smaller ID and still seeping. i contacted mahindra and found that a potential fix was to drain it down, take the plate directly below the pto shaft off (4 bolts) and there is a seal that has a steel rim and rubber middle that could be leaking and needing replace. it covers a port that is not used in my unit and many others. so it is covered with this flimsy rubber cap. since i had it at the dealer, they replaced that seal (cap/plug) and it totally fixed what appeared to be the pto seal leaking. they used the original pto seal. it has been over a week and not a drop. now they are contacting the other 3 mahindra customrs of theirs that had the same problem on how to fix it. the seal is 8 bucks. btw, the original pto seal (not this plug/cap one to fix this problem) is a mahindra

16322732010 - SEAL, Oil Tc6Y417211 it is a 41mm id, 72mm od and 11mm thick seal.​

hope this helps someone. i have seen there are a number of folks that have had a leaky pto seal that was not fixed with a new seal. i dont know the model range of tractors that this fix will work for.​

Attachments

• 20220603_101003.jpg
    20220603_101003.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 173
  • 676222588.jpg
    676222588.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
  • 676222621.jpg
    676222621.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
  • 676222629.jpg
    676222629.jpg