Mahindra dies after turning it on its side

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #41  
I would call your dealer and ask them in what order you should troubleshoot. The guys here seem to always be knowledgeable so you have some initial things to try. But, the main thing is you are ok...getting rolled over or pinned down would have been horrible.

Anytime something would not start for me, it was either fuel or battery related. Since this did take a tumble, checking anything that holds fluid would be a great idea. If any possibility of mixing, I would drain and change.

Good luck and keep us posted...

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #42  
IF, the engine is "stuck and won't turn over", it's gonna be a bear to purge the fuel system.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #43  
Even forged rods will bend under the power of a starter and a hydrolock. That doesn't mean the engine didn't roll through the hydrolock or it won't start. Does it also have valve/head/cyl damage which is allowing coolant into the combustion area? I think it is time to at least check compression. That will definitely show mechanical damage.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #44  
I don,t know much about your specific tractor, but before trying to turn it over again, remove the injectors, or spark plugs, cause it might be you have fuel or oil above the top of the pistons, and you cannot compress that, so your engine will not turn over. Hopefully you didn,t bend any rods already. Once you have removed all the injectors or plugs, try turning the engine over and see if it will spin.
Ditto this. Any time you turn an ICE on it’s side you’re going to get fluid in one or more cylinders.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #45  
Should not need repeating, but with high pressure lines disconnected, fuel sprayed onto skin can be lethal. Cover the exposed lines with rags to contain the fuel spray.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #46  
Have you checked the condition of your battery ? Does it still have fluid in it ? Take it out of the tractor, and do a load test on it, after giving it a full fluid check, and charge.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #47  
All you guys are suggesting hydrolock while ignoring the fact that it ran for a short while, meaning all cylinders operated normally and cranked over just fine. And it still cranks, just doesn't stay running.

Probably as simple as air in the fuel system, is my vote.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #48  
It could have been hydrolocked, started and bent a rod and now isn’t running correctly.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #49  
All you guys are suggesting hydrolock while ignoring the fact that it ran for a short while, meaning all cylinders operated normally and cranked over just fine. And it still cranks, just doesn't stay running.

Probably as simple as air in the fuel system, is my vote.
If it wasn’t burning one or more cylinders with his description of the smoke I think hydrolock is a very real possibility…especially if he’s since tried to run it and it and it won’t/stops abruptly when he stops turning the starter. Either way every time he hits the starter now he’s probably making whatever the problem is worse.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #50  
Sure, but if it turns over fine, it should still be able to stay running, i would think.