Mahindra Models Compared

/ Mahindra Models Compared #21  
Personally and from my experience, loader lift is not the only equation. Now that I understand why you would need more tractor than what you have, I would also have to add that lifting 2500-3000 lb logs would need even more tractor than you're looking at.
What also has to be taken in is "stability" which larger platforms offer more of.
Teeter tottering a heavy log with your fel for any distance, requires a plethora of additional thought on machine structure.
Things such as front axle capacity, tire size, track width and pwr steering pump output should go hand in hand with your process.
Whether an engine regens or not would be secondary to your primary purpose imo.

Personally, i'd be looking at the 6000 series Mahindras for what you want to do. That thing has a 3500 lb lift capacity but as I stated before, it is not just about "lift".
The rest of the tractor is built for that as well and gives you more safety and durability leeway than dealing w a tractor that is right at capacity.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra Models Compared #22  
For my purposes, I went with basically the largest/heaviest machine I could tow with a pickup truck, and also has a hydrostatic transmission. For my uses, the hydro is far superior to a shuttle shift.

I think the loader capacity is pretty good in the real world, provided you have something pretty heavy on the back to counterweight. Your mileage may vary.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 717.png
    ScreenHunter 717.png
    518.3 KB · Views: 159
  • ScreenHunter 718.png
    ScreenHunter 718.png
    737.7 KB · Views: 151
  • ScreenHunter 719.png
    ScreenHunter 719.png
    861.5 KB · Views: 160
   / Mahindra Models Compared
I like the "looks' of a Mahindra model 3650 HST I found for sale asking $26,500 and 20 hours but fact is that I can buy a new Kioti NX for close to the same price. In todays marketplace (private sellers are often so far from real value it's crazy out there!) dealers who sell new and low are the better place to shop.

For the record: I don't want a 6000 series Mahindra. I'm too old to herd a tractor that size around these hills I live on.

Interesting picture above picking up log in a neighborhood. There are zero neighborhoods in my area, (or much of anything else really :) ) just hills and ridges and small, narrow, creek bottoms among billions of trees.

/ Mahindra Models Compared #24  
In skimming tractordata.com I see Mahindras mostly from themselves, TYM and Mitshbishi. I wish I was better versed to compare those factory sources. Models that seem to be in my HP area are: 2638,2645,2540,3540,4540 and 4530 maybe a few others. The 1538 doesn't gain me anything except new shine, bit smaller than what I've got. I prefer just enough hp & weight, with improved FEL lift but not a far larger footprint (overall weight, width, length) as found in some stronger tractors than my current one. I don't farm so no need for remotes.
For what youre doing my imagination says you would find benefit from having a tractor with a Bobcat Tilt Tatch behind the bucket (or any other SS implement).The added 300# of the TT would require more tractor and a remote for the tilt.

/ Mahindra Models Compared #25  
For my purposes, I went with basically the largest/heaviest machine I could tow with a pickup truck, and also has a hydrostatic transmission. For my uses, the hydro is far superior to a shuttle shift.

I think the loader capacity is pretty good in the real world, provided you have something pretty heavy on the back to counterweight. Your mileage may vary.
This is a good post because it gives perspective on two fronts: 1. The visual itself proving the ability of the tractor 2. The aspect of hydro providing ease of use for the operator. I agree whole heartedly and this coming from a die hard shift guy. That being said;
The shuttle shift on the 3500 series makes it much easier but it is not "at your feet" control
I would reduce the size of the log just to get the hydro which is not offered in the subsequent higher numbered Mahindra line.

/ Mahindra Models Compared #26  
This is a good post because it gives perspective on two fronts: 1. The visual itself proving the ability of the tractor 2. The aspect of hydro providing ease of use for the operator. I agree whole heartedly and this coming from a die hard shift guy. That being said;
The shuttle shift on the 3500 series makes it much easier but it is not "at your feet" control
I would reduce the size of the log just to get the hydro which is not offered in the subsequent higher numbered Mahindra line.
Arrow, would you get a hydro today yourself instead of the shuttle? I'm just curious . . .

/ Mahindra Models Compared #27  
Arrow, would you get a hydro today yourself instead of the shuttle? I'm just curious . . .
Yes I would but it would carry more hp like 35-45 than what I currently have.