Mahindra rpm 540 / 2000

/ Mahindra rpm 540 / 2000 #1  

Unclewillie

Silver Member
Tractor
Machines emax25s
Not that's it's important but has anyone noticed the 540/2000 rpm listed on the label where you choose rear or mid pto select on a emax25 ? Because I've never used the mid pto I am guessing that's where the 2000 rpm is or is there a combination of lever shift functions that can put the rear pro in 2000 rpm ? I guess it may be good to know if planning upgrade equipment. Thanks ...

Last edited:
   / Mahindra rpm 540 / 2000 #2  
I guess you can always test it out. Put it in the 1000/Mid position and see if both shafts spin.

/ Mahindra rpm 540 / 2000
I guess you can always test it out. Put it in the 1000/Mid position and see if both shafts spin.
Yeah, I would need to take the cap off the mid pto but I am fairly sure it don't spin when the rear is On but like you stated I'd need to see. More than that I was wondering if anyone has a mid mower and how they like it because I've located one for $500. On the older tractors if I remember right generally the highest rpms was 1200, 2000 seems a lot.

/ Mahindra rpm 540 / 2000 #4  
I'm pretty sure the mid PTO RPM are on the 2000 mark. The rear PTO are available in 540, 750 and 1000 RPM, depending on the tractor.

/ Mahindra rpm 540 / 2000 #5  
I have a Max 26xl but it should be the same.. There should be separate levers for the mid and rear PTO, and the should only work according to which lever you have engaged.
There should be corresponding indicators on your engine rpm's to operate the rear pto at 540 rpm, and the mid pto at 2000.

I have the 60" mower on mine and used it for several years and it worked really well. I liked mowing with the tractor but I typically get done faster using the zero turn.

I have a Max 26xl but it should be the same.. There should be separate levers for the mid and rear PTO, and the should only work according to which lever you have engaged.
There should be corresponding indicators on your engine rpm's to operate the rear pto at 540 rpm, and the mid pto at 2000.

I have the 60" mower on mine and used it for several years and it worked really well. I liked mowing with the tractor but I typically get done faster using the zero turn.
Thank you, that's what I was wondering if I should invest in another zero turn mower or get a deck for my tractor, believe I will be better off with a zero turn. Tornado got my other zero turn mower and yanmar ym155 .

/ Mahindra rpm 540 / 2000 #7  
The gear reduction is different for the Mid PTO than the Rear. You wont get 2000RPM out of the rear. The rear RPM runs much slower than the mid. The indicator on the tachometer shows you what the drive speed you should be at whether you are running the rear PTO or MID for most implements. It is important that you keep within the designed operating speed for a given implement. the 540 is a standard operating speed for most rear implements. 2000 RMP is the standard speed for most mower decks etc. that would attach to the mid PTO. You may also notice tachometer speed at 540 for the rear does not correlate exactly at the same spot as 2000 for the mid but will likely be close.

Thanks,

I ask because I never used the mid pto and was considering a mower deck but actually I believe going with a zero turn would be best. New prices for mowing deck for tractor is around same price as zero turn.

/ Mahindra rpm 540 / 2000 #10  
Good call! A "purpose built" and dedicated implement will be far more efficient and convenient than an "all-in-one" tractor can do. I use the heck out of my 60" belly mower with several acres to mow and maintain. It does a great job, but there are tradeoffs that I put up with. I would love have a zero turn to mow instead! Man... having a mower with a suspension sure would be nice! Actually, In hindsight, I may have even preferred a 3pt mounted flail type mower over the belly mower, plus be useful out in the brush as well.

Tradeoffs:
Poor ground clearance with mower deck left on and susceptible to damage when doing other work with the tractor.
PITA putting mower deck on and off. Yes is is a "drive over" but still a wrestling match rolling around in the dirt with the PTO shaft, Pins, Height and suspension mechanism.
Belt drive system is somewhat exposed and susceptible to damage from debris, sticks and branches.
Mower deck must be completely removed and suspended to service the oil in the gearbox. I sharpen the blades at the same time anyway.
Proprietary (expensive OEM) wear parts. Although I will say the deck, blades and design is very heavy duty!
The tractor cooling system is prone to over-temp due to grass fodder in the air plugging the grill mesh/ radiator screen and radiator.

I was drooling over the Bad Boy Zero turns a while back.