Making a Seat Cover

/ Making a Seat Cover #1  

rjpotts

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SEHC
Attached is a pic of a prototype seat cover I've been working on to protect the fabric seat on my 3510. There's a few puckers to "iron out" but I'm going to leave it on for a while to see how it performs. My next step is to make one using appropriately colored fabric.

There's two pieces, a bottom and a back, they're secured with drawstrings. All of the seams are double needle serged. They can be installed with the seat in place.

A side note. I had to remove the seat to develop the pattern, it's heavy as f***!
20211002_121918.jpg

/ Making a Seat Cover #2  
When she was alive, my mother was always good about making these kinds of things, or being understanding that my welding rods need to hang out in the kitchen oven for a few hours. LOL Anyway, good on you for your seat cover. The seat I have in my Kioti NX series is generally weirdly built in comparison to anything else out there while your seat looks like it is may be a standard bolt in seat that doesn't use risers to accommodate an uneven floor (which makes the seat a total PITA to R&R). I really wanted to add a proper tractor seat to my NX series, and back in 2018, I attempted to swap out the stock, who-knows-where-they-got-it-from Kioti seat with a new Sears seat (as in the stock seat in just about every cabbed Deere or Case tractor from the nineties through the early 2000s) and thought it was going to fit, but I didn't have the headroom for the air suspension. Bummer. With my tractor, I'm stuck using a lawn, forklift, skid loader air suspension seat with only two or three inches of suspension travel due to the lack of headroom.

49365977622_820adc5d8c_h.jpg

/ Making a Seat Cover #4  
Sharp looking. (y)

/ Making a Seat Cover #5  
Just curious, I have a JD tractor with the standard yellow seat and has some serious cracks in the plastic seat portion. If I got a new seat, would a fabric seat cover keep cracks from forming on the new one? I like your work op. Hope it works out for you.

/ Making a Seat Cover #6  
I bought one off eBay…for a lawn mower. Fits perfect.

it fits my 2010 DK45 great.

mind you 2 years ago it was $16.00

/ Making a Seat Cover #7  
When she was alive, my mother was always good about making these kinds of things, or being understanding that my welding rods need to hang out in the kitchen oven for a few hours. LOL Anyway, good on you for your seat cover. The seat I have in my Kioti NX series is generally weirdly built in comparison to anything else out there while your seat looks like it is may be a standard bolt in seat that doesn't use risers to accommodate an uneven floor (which makes the seat a total PITA to R&R). I really wanted to add a proper tractor seat to my NX series, and back in 2018, I attempted to swap out the stock, who-knows-where-they-got-it-from Kioti seat with a new Sears seat (as in the stock seat in just about every cabbed Deere or Case tractor from the nineties through the early 2000s) and thought it was going to fit, but I didn't have the headroom for the air suspension. Bummer. With my tractor, I'm stuck using a lawn, forklift, skid loader air suspension seat with only two or three inches of suspension travel due to the lack of headroom.

49365977622_820adc5d8c_h.jpg
Different subject; I have that same folding ladder and the center joint locked up. So it's now a permanent step ladder. Ever have that happen?

/ Making a Seat Cover #8  
Different subject; I have that same folding ladder and the center joint locked up. So it's now a permanent step ladder. Ever have that happen?
That ladder in the background was recalled because the locking pins could crack resulting in the ladder collapsing. I obviously never turned my ladder in.

/ Making a Seat Cover #9  
I never got the recall. Have had it for many years and used it as a straight ladder, scaffold, etc. I may have to drill out the rivets and see if I can fix it.

/ Making a Seat Cover #10  
I never got the recall. Have had it for many years and used it as a straight ladder, scaffold, etc. I may have to drill out the rivets and see if I can fix it.

As I understand it, the little, redish-colored, locking tabs are made from pewter (supposedly) and those tabs can crack leading to a failure. It is a Class 3 ladder so it should be able to hold 3x its 300 pound rating before failing.

I also have a Little Giant Revolution ladder that is much more trustworthy, but I have broken one of the plastic locking tabs from using it in the winter making one side hammer driven now LOL