Making Circles

/ Making Circles #1  

Anonymous Poster

I need some advice. Working on my landscaping, I have decided to mulch around several trees. I am clueless about how to make a perfect circle cutout for the mulch. I appreciate any advice about marking out a circle with the tree (or any other object) in the middle. I know the crafty minds on this board will have some good advice for me. Thanks,Will.

/ Making Circles #2  
If you just want to mark it properly, tie a rope with a loose loop around the base of the tree and swing the rope around and mark the grass at the end of the rope with some paint/chalk etc. This assumes the tree is more or less round at the place you put the loop around...have fun.

/ Making Circles #3  
Will, if the tree weren't there it would be a simple matter of putting a stick at the center and running a string from the center out to your desired radius and then mark that radius all around the circle. Since the tree is there, use the same concept but the tree becomes your center stick. Make a loose loop around the tree with some cord and swing it around to get your circle.

If you have two trees you can get fancy and make an ellipse with a single loop of cord /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-32437-790signaturegif.gif