Massey Ferguson 165 oil leak

/ Massey Ferguson 165 oil leak #1  

rick gun

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 165
I have read a thread on an oil leak coming our of the bottom plate under the clutch. I purchased a 165 2 weeks ago that is/ or was extremely clean looking(see photo). I only ran the tractor for 20 min before purchase, then only for another 1 hr after i got it home just to move a loader for it off a trailer. after it say and idled for about 30 min i noticed oil at the bolts then as it say after there was a small amount on the cardboard i put under it. perhaps an 8" circle soaked in. I have taken the plate off, and there is a gasket (see photos) which doesn't really look like it belinigs there and on the thread i previously read when instructed to remove the plate there was no mention of a gasket. The oil appears very black and the oil in the tractor was serviced back in Jan of this year and is quite clear. So my question is ,,,, Is this in fact a gasket of some kind or is it something the previous owner installed to keep the leak from being seen prior to purchase. And then what do i do about this? I should point out that i am NOT a mechanic. i can follow directions fine as long as they are strait forward. please assist see photos and please be kind .lol
clutch plate.jpg
gasket3.jpg
gasket2.jpg
gasket-1.jpg
gasket.jpg
gasket4.jpg

/ Massey Ferguson 165 oil leak #2  
There should not be a gasket.
The leak can be from the rear main seal or from your gearbox inputseals.

/ Massey Ferguson 165 oil leak
upon much research it has been determined that the seller did this to mask a leak in order to get his selling price. After looking deeper into this tractor there is a cotter pin hole about 6" behind the clutch plate with the cotter pin intact and apparently doing what it is designed to do. I guess my question to the group is: There really was not much fluid leaked, and it should have been leaking out of the cotter pin hole as it is designed to do to keep the fluids away from the clutch. Is it safe to continue to operate the tractor and just keep check on the fluid levels. or is it something that requires fixing immediately to try to save the clutch. Either way the tractor has to be split to fix the issue correct??

/ Massey Ferguson 165 oil leak #5  
Read the engine AND gearbox dipstick BEFORE you start, this will tell you the amount of leak and which is the source.