massey sub-compact

/ massey sub-compact #11  
Chock your wheels well so that it can't move when pulling with the backhoe.

Ideally, you change your technique so that your using the bucket curl to do the work of breaking things loose. Then, you are only filling the bucket with the spoils you have loosened, as you pull the dipper in towards you. This eliminates pulling against the tractor as you dig.

It doesn't take long doing this, before you can dig all day without dragging the machine.

/ massey sub-compact #12  
Ideally, you change your technique so that your using the bucket curl to do the work of breaking things loose. Then, you are only filling the bucket with the spoils you have loosened, as you pull the dipper in towards you. This eliminates pulling against the tractor as you dig.

It doesn't take long doing this, before you can dig all day without dragging the machine.

I did this technique last night messing around my willow tree where a ditch runs. I did what you explained while digging up roots, this little thing has got some power!:thumbsup: I was trying all different ways and yours seemed to work the best. Makes quick work out of hard clay.

/ massey sub-compact #13  
Yes it can! This is just one out of many:

attachment.php

Attachments

• GC2310_BH_Stump.jpg
    GC2310_BH_Stump.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 576
   / massey sub-compact #14  
I don't know about shale, but my 2410 will dig up asphalt no problem... that is once you break through it (or find an edge).

flipping the outrigger pads so the cleats are down helps quite a bit. also, depending on what you are doing, the platform height makes a difference too. learning to walk the machine with the backhoe takes a little practice but is well worth it as the backhoe is plenty up to the task if you are thinking about what you are doing. (let the machine contacting the ground work to stop the motion rather than relying on the hydraulics and boom pins)

I'm going to fluff up the top 4" or so of some hardpacked clay in order to plant some lawn tomorrow.:)