MF 35 Diesel Deluxe Injector pump

/ MF 35 Diesel Deluxe Injector pump #1  

docbar85

Tractor
M.F. 231 and 35
Need help verifying the installed pump on my 35 MF is the correct one.
Numbers on the pump are:
DPA 3230080
Set 49X850/6/2160
SER 32169XG

Tractor:
SNW 249465

/ MF 35 Diesel Deluxe Injector pump #2  
Which engine do you have, A3.152, or AD3.152? makes a difference on the pump used. The application book I have shows your pump is for the MF 135, also fits 150, 203, 205, 2135, 2200, and 2244, all having the AD3.152 engine.

/ MF 35 Diesel Deluxe Injector pump
Need help verifying the installed pump on my 35 MF is the correct one.
Numbers on the pump are:
DPA 3230080
Set 49X850/6/2160
SER 32169XG

Tractor:
SNW 249465

This wouldn't surprise me if its not the original pump, I have had this tractor for over twenty years and had the injectors rebuilt about 7 years ago. The mechanic told me then that the injectors were either not for this tractor or they were not set up for this tractor. It has always seen to smoke more than it should however it ran fine. I have some pictures with me of the different #s on the motor and I'll see if I can find it. Where is this number usually located?

Whats the best way to tell which engine I have? Its is a deluxe tractor with multi speed and the injectors are mounted on top of the engine straight down.

/ MF 35 Diesel Deluxe Injector pump #5  
Whats the best way to tell which engine I have? Its is a deluxe tractor with multi speed and the injectors are mounted on top of the engine straight down.

Injectors straight up means you have the early indirect injected engine. Direct injected AD engine have the injectors in the head at an angle.

So I guess I have the A3.152 engine, can you tell which injector pump is suppose to be on this engine? I really appreciate all the help I'm getting and thanks again.

Keep in mind after setting for a few weeks the tractor would not crank and nothing was coming out of the injector pump. So I purchased the small rebuild kit to be able to take a look inside and replace the gaskets. Inside the pump looked clean with very little build up. After re-installing its the same story. It appears this is not the correct pump for this tractor even though it has worked for 25years. Where should I go from here? Buy a new what I think is the correct pump or sell the tractor for parts?

/ MF 35 Diesel Deluxe Injector pump #8  
Just a couple of quick thoughts:
Re Pump Numbers: Nothing in Bepco's catalogue, but this from Sparex may shed some light on it for you: -
S.1 Fuel Injection Pump
That shows the pump - no listing for injectors though. :(

Re No Fuel Delivery: These pumps are very simple inside and, from my experience, extremely reliable. The only way to kill them is to let water get into 'em - I've replaced one or two (dozen) as a result. Here, fuel filter elements cost the equivalent of 6 daily newspapers! :mad:
Your governor or fuel control (or engine stop mechanism in the pump) could be stuck in the no-fuel position.

/ MF 35 Diesel Deluxe Injector pump #9  
Oops ..... would not crank - any idea why? Or do you mean would not fire when cranking over?