MF265

/ MF265 #1  

jlbash1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2650/Ford 3930
I am going to an auction this weekend to look at a MF265 with 1300hrs with 2 remotes. It has the diesel engine and it looks to be in good shape. It's relatively clean and looks like it has not been kept outdoors. I don't know the year, and I'm not convinced that matters just a whole lot, but if I look on machinerylink.com and look at the price variation depending on the year it makes a huge difference.

So I'm wondering if the year really matters? The range for tese tractors in good shape on machinerylink is from 4100 to 8800 from years 75 to 82 I believe.

If the year doesn't really matter, what is this tractor worth in your opinion. I know it depends on location and all, but just ballpark it if you can. MF doesn't have a huge presence around here, there is one dealer somewhat close to me and that's it as far as anywhere close to this area.

Your input would be appreciated, the auction is this saturday. Any comments on this model would be appreciated also.

thanks.

jarrod

/ MF265 #2  
We paid about $2500 us for ours a 1978 I believe . But it needed a little work like new tie rod ends and the differential lock needed to be fixed as well as the main pump that lifts the arms. so all in all about $1200 of parts went in to her and it works great now. I think one difference is the 78 or newer might have hydraulic pto like my which is nice because you can take the pto in and out of gear without pushing the clutch.

I see I'm a week late .

/ MF265
The tractor ended up being a MF275. It brought $8600 and I didn't buy it, didn't even get a bid in.

It was a great auction though all kinds of stuff I would have liked to come home with. All I ended up with was a hand crank 8 qt white mountain ice cream freezer for $10!!

Thanks

Jarrod