MF35 TPH won't go down

/ MF35 TPH won't go down #1  

Blackfoot

Tractor
Cub Farmall,Farmall A,Ford 8N,MF35
Hello, I have a FEL on my MF35 and it works fine, but the TPH will not go down. Right now I have a backblade on it so there is plenty of weight. I read through some of the post. I was wondering if someone here could shorten my search on what might be the problem,, Thank you for your time,, Blackfoot

/ MF35 TPH won't go down #2  
Is there a valve under the seat to switch between the loader and the 3pth? or is the loader driven by a front pump? Has the 3pth gone down before? or is this a new problem?

/ MF35 TPH won't go down #3  
I've posted my experience with a similar problem in this thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/124896-b20-tph-stuck-fully-raised.html

This thread may or may not be of some help. The only other offering that I have is to check your "rate of descent" valve. I know on my tractor, if that valve is closed the TPH will not descend --- you can raise it but it won't go down if that valve is closed. I'm not familiar with your tractor, but my rate valve is a knob under the seat.

In my case, I believe that I had somehow got that valve into a position where it was stuck in the closed position. I turned that knob to every position and couldn't get the TPH to lower until I started to take the cap off of the TPH cylinder. When I did that, I somehow freed that valve up so that it would open and close again. After I got it unstuck, it has continued to work as designed from then on. Good luck.

/ MF35 TPH won't go down
Is there a valve under the seat to switch between the loader and the 3pth? or is the loader driven by a front pump? Has the 3pth gone down before? or is this a new problem?

There is a valve under the seat that switches between the loader and TPH, and I tried that every way that is possible. It seems that when I turn it back and forth between the loader andTPH it might move down just a hair. I had every thing in the down position last night thinking by some freak chance it might be down by mornin, but nope. One thing that I have noticed is that when it is switched to the TPH side the valve gets real hard to turn, I don't know if that is normal or not. This is the first that I have had any real problems. Although when I would raise it up before it acted like it was a against some pressure and would knid of nock down in the guts, than when I lowered it a little it would quit.

/ MF35 TPH won't go down #5  
I am wondering if you have the two levers for the three point and if both are in the down position when you switch over to the FEL.The knocking noise is usually the pressure relief and moving the transport lever forward a little will usually stop it. The three point will usually leak down overnight so its strange that it didn't -- sounds like something is plugged holding pressure in the three point which is why I asked about the valve. I'm stumped at the moment but will think on it:eek:

/ MF35 TPH won't go down #6  
I'm surprised the thing just didn't bleed off.. It's either a steel ring piston in a bore.. or an oring'd piston.. while a good bore and good rings will hold for days.. they usually all eventually leak down.. I'm wondering if the upper lift arm bushings are seized up..

soundguy

/ MF35 TPH won't go down #7  
Probably the position control linkage has came out of adjustment or came undone somehow. (Internal) If so requires removal of lift cover and a service manual.

I HIGHLY recommend going to BIG DEAN's website and ordering his CD on the 35 series. ($25 last time I checked) The CD will walk you through diagnosis and repair. It's better than all the printed manuals in existance. Dean is currently having some health issues, but his grandson is still shipping the CD's. There is NO ONE on the face of the earth who knows more about Ferguson and Massey Fergusons than Big Dean Austin.

Big Dean's Massey Ferguson tips

/ MF35 TPH won't go down #8  
I would echo Farmwithjunk's comments -- for example a quote from BIg Dean's site that may be relevant --
"The control valve will get trash in them & cause them to stick. They will also stick under a heavy load if the oscillator for the valve is not working the valve. You can usually get them unstuck by removing the access plate on the right side of rear housing & working the two small arms with the roller in them by hand."
I think you need to take the load off the three point before going much further however -- that load must be exerting pressure somewhere on the hydraulics -- my 135 will leak down in a couple of hours if turned off so something is definately jammed somewhere:eek: