MF4707 caution light

/ MF4707 caution light #1  

kolinske

Tractor
MF 4707 CaseIH 595 MF GC1725M Farmall H
My 4707 gets a caution ⚠️ light on and the 3 point wouldn’t work till I shut down and fired back up. Also the fuel gauge goes down to empty and sounds the buzzer…could all this be related?

/ MF4707 caution light #2  
Oooo.. not sure. What does your owner's manual say? On my MF 2660 I had a red light come up which as I recall would blink at times and then go off for a while and eventually got worse. It did not shut down my 3pt that I know of but it might have and I did not necessarily know that before I investigated. Turned out that was an hydraulic fluid filter which had clogged enough to cause the issue. Replaced it and all was well. By the way, if you don't already know those hyd filters are very unlike oil filters while looking the same. They cost on the order of $80 apiece and have probably gotten even more costly since then. 3rd party filters are available but not all that much cheaper. I think I used a NAPA filter.

The fuel gauge going to zero and buzzing is unheard of by me -- probably my older 2660 does not have such a feature. But BOTH the caution light and the fuel gauge acting up together raises concerns of something else entirely -- like an instrument panel connector loose or a mouse chewed harness or who knows what. I am still thinking that the 3 pt not working (even temporarily) relates to either the hydraulic filter needing changed OR maybe you are low on hydraulic fluid total !!??

/ MF4707 caution light
Tractor doesn’t even have 10 hours on it so there’s no way it’s filters. Also there is plenty of fluid. Owners manual says nothing and dealer says nothing wrong with it unless the light is on and stays on….just started tractor yesterday and as soon as it fired said low fuel and gauge went to E…took 5 minutes to gradually read 3/4. This will be like finding a needle in a bay stack I’m thinking lol

/ MF4707 caution light #4  
dealer says nothing wrong with it

Do not take that as an answer. I am very new to the tractor game but I've learned already that manufacturers/dealers/implement companies need to be pushed to do what is correct. I hate that this is how it is but you need to keep calling them and make sure you call AGCO support and email them. Unfortunately the main person (and it seems to be 1 fulltime employee with additional temps during the spring/summer) is more of a ticket writer, and it will take normally a week for you to get a response from an AGCO tech. Once I was able to get on the phone with an AGCO tech I was able to relay actual customer feedback and how it would be nice if more information could be available directly from AGCO as sometimes dealers are not very interested in helping you out.

Phone: 877-525-4384
Email: agcoanswers@agcocorp.com / AGCOAnswers@customerelation.com

I think they outsource their call center duties to Customer Elation so that's why the first person you get on the phone will not be able to really help you but write you a ticket to get the issue resolved, the email support is the same people on the phone.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / MF4707 caution light #5  
Tractor doesn’t even have 10 hours on it so there’s no way it’s filters. Also there is plenty of fluid. Owners manual says nothing and dealer says nothing wrong with it unless the light is on and stays on….just started tractor yesterday and as soon as it fired said low fuel and gauge went to E…took 5 minutes to gradually read 3/4. This will be like finding a needle in a bay stack I’m thinking lol
Under 10 hours ! Oh My Goodness! Of course it is not filters ! That's a different ballgame.

The owners manual must say something about when that warning light is lit and what it means. The dealer will say what it means or take it back for a full refund. He really has no choice.

Climbing back down off the wall and controlling my temper better -- it is entirely possible that it is some once-in-history event. If it goes away and does not keep happening forget it. If it keeps happening insist that the dealer investigate. Also they owe you a name and phone number of the regional AGCO rep who is the main arbiter of such things. It does not have to be confrontational and should be cooperative between you, the dealer and AGCO. You do not need to find any needles in haystacks. That is a brand new tractor and the dealer is 100% responsible for hunting needles if they need hunted. The AGCO regional rep will be the judge if you and the dealer do not agree.

I've had some very serious problems with a brand new tractor and (in the long run) AGCO made it right.

/ MF4707 caution light #6  
Not sure but don't you have to cycle the 3 point lever first to "wake up" the 3 point?

/ MF4707 caution light #7  
Not sure but don't you have to cycle the 3 point lever first to "wake up" the 3 point?
Be interested to hear others but I never ever heard of having to wake up a 3pt. They either work or don't work.