Mowing Mid Mount Mower for TC29D

/ Mid Mount Mower for TC29D #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a few questions for those of you who own a Mid Mount Mower (MMM) for a TC series. Is New Holland the only brand of MMM available for these tractors? When it's mounted, does it leave the 3ph, rear PTO, etc unused so I could run a 3ph implement without taking the MMM off? How does the lift work and what lever controls it? Will a TC29D require any additional hydraulics? How high does the MMM lift off the ground when it's not being used? Does the MMM get in the way and need to be removed for (try to answer with either "always", "usually", "somtimes", "never":

1) Tilling?
2) Bush hogging?
3) Grader blade?
4) Rear slip scoop?
5) Front end loader?
6) Plow?

Can you run both the MMM and a rear PTO implement at the same time? For example, could I mow grass and till at the same time? How much does a 6' MMM cost? How long does it take to take it off and put it back on?

OK, so I had more than a "few" questions! Thanks, Danny.

/ Mid Mount Mower for TC29D #2  
I have the 914 MMM on my TC18. It lifts with the 3 point hitch. You can use a pin and lock it in the up position and use the 3PH normaly.

I have used the FEL with it attached. I don't recommend tilling with it attached, I don't like to introduce more dirt then I have to to those spindles. I goes on or off in about 10mins.. I have also used a back blade with it locked up and that was okay for the little job I had to do but wouldn't do a large job with it there for the dirt reason again. The way it hooks to the 3PH is completely out of the way for any other 3PH use, it hooks low down near the pivot point of the arms.
On my rig it lifts off the ground about 5" on your rig it may well go higher.

Having the MMM hanging there whilst running over whips and small trees may not be good for the mount/hanging system IMO, running a bush hog.

Bob

/ Mid Mount Mower for TC29D
Danny,
I have a 72" mid mount mower for sale from a TC33 with less
than 150 hrs. on it. I am asking $1800.00 for it. I am located
in upper Michigan.
Thanks,
Dick