Mini Ex Advice Please

/ Mini Ex Advice Please #11  
I'm in a similar situation as the OP with a bunch of projects needing a mini-ex on a private mountain property. I have a 20 series Branson tractor without backhoe and having a dedicated machine that can handle trenching for drainage, digging retaining wall footings, laying CAT6 cable and digging the occasional small to mid sized tree stump would be the preferred option.

My thinking is to find a used brand name model that isn't too badly abused. I will need to educate myself on what to look for when shopping and how many hours would be too many. I think I would want to stay away from a rental unit but maybe there are some out there that would be a good value.

Sticking to a name brand also gives me better options for selling once all my projects are completed although I can see me changing my mind about that once I have it.

/ Mini Ex Advice Please #12  
Curious how your experience with the Kubota's assists the OP's request on finding the best Chinese excavator?
I must have read the OP's post wrong. I did not see where he was looking for the best Chinese excavator.

It seems he did consider a Chinese, but decided he would prefer a name brand instead.

/ Mini Ex Advice Please #13  
As a Chinese Mini Owner, I can spot 1 flaw in your calculations

That $15-20K will become $75-80K in a Name Brand Unit. 2 footittes we call it in the Boating World.

I am not saying that the Chinese Minis are anything close to the Name Brands in quality, but they dig the same holes, and if you are not using them daily, that $60K is awfully nice in a Bank Account.

Another benefit of the Chinese Minis is that they are repairable by Average Joes with a little mechanical aptitude. But, I currently have 70hrs on my 2023 unit without any work but maintenance, Oil Change, Track Tightening, and a few mods to reduce the Heat of the Air cooled Briggs, Liquid Diesels units seem not to have as bad a heat problem.

A 1.7 ton excavator from a reputable manufacturer doesn’t cost 80k new. Not even half that much. 20k would buy you a pretty decent used 1.7 ton excavator. I would way rather spend 20k for a used reputable manufacturer machine than a new china machine. $80k would get you a 57 Kubota with a cab.

/ Mini Ex Advice Please #14  
!5-20K for a New 1.7T Chinese means he is getting some attachments also, All relevant. Expect to pay less than 1/2 for a New Chinese vs a New Name Brand, Attachments are even a bigger savings.

/ Mini Ex Advice Please #16  
I must have read the OP's post wrong. I did not see where he was looking for the best Chinese excavator.

It seems he did consider a Chinese, but decided he would prefer a name brand instead.

My bad and I deserve the correction. Comprehensive reading is important!