mitsubishi mt2001d hydraulics

/ mitsubishi mt2001d hydraulics #1  

bjgattis

Tractor
mitsubishimt2001d
I just recently bought a used mitsubishi mt2001d tractor with a front end loader. Sometimes the loader works and sometimes not. Also the rear hydrauulic lever that raises the mower does the same also. Checked oil and is full. Could us any ideas. Thanks

/ mitsubishi mt2001d hydraulics #2  
Seems like you should check the filter screen too.

/ mitsubishi mt2001d hydraulics #3  
I am looking to buy the same make and model. It also has the same issues, front bucket is very jerkey going up and rear scraper is slow to respond. The owners says that it has air in the lines that needs to be bleed out. I am a little sceptical and do not know anything about these tractors. Any insight would be greatly appreciated and helpful in my decision to buy it or not.

Is it hard to get parts for this model, it appears to be a gray market tractor. Any other models that use the same engine, trans, etc?

Engine runs smooth ( little puff of dark gray light black smoke when engine accelerates but clears right up) and everything else functions properly

/ mitsubishi mt2001d hydraulics #4  
A friend with a different brand tractor had very jerky bucket movement, and found that the hydraulic filter was pretty well plugged. After cleaning it the bucket worked normally.

I'd think any air in the lines should be gone after going through their range of movement a few times.

/ mitsubishi mt2001d hydraulics #5  
Engine parts should be no problem. Filters, belts, etc (any reg. maint ) parts are easy to get anywhere. Hard parts for trans and drive train would be harder to get but probably not impossible. There still seems to be parts available from Japan through several grey market gurus like Len Sheaffer or sometimes from U.S. salvage yards (like West Ky tractor parts) or some can even be made or repaired depending on what it is and the issue.

I seriously doubt the jerky hydraulics are due to air. It only takes a few cycles of the valves to purge any in the system. It is probably either going to be a dirty filter screen or filter or a bit of debris in a valve.

/ mitsubishi mt2001d hydraulics #6  
Thank you for the info, if the tractor is still for sale I will take another look at it. They called back and said that there was a second (seperate) reservoir for the loader that was low on fluid, topped it off and everything is working properly now. It has a Kokyer aftermarket loader on it. Where is the filter screan located at and where could I get operator and service manuals for this tractor?

Thnaks again.

Kris

/ mitsubishi mt2001d hydraulics #9  
I think the filter screen is located towards the back of the left side floorboard. It should have a top cap that unscrews and the filter is then accessible.