Montana 5740/5740C updates

/ Montana 5740/5740C updates #21  
mudd,

The PTO HP of the 5740 is 52 HP, with of course, 57 HP at the engine.

Maka, it's needless to say that having owned my 5740C now for just over a year, I really do like it for many reasons. That 4 Cyl Mitsubishi diesel engine is hard to beat and the cab platform is large and comfortable. It's large enough that our Catahoola firmly believes that she has a marked spot for her to lay in it while I work with the tractor. BTW, wth her laying on the left side of the cab floor, I have no trouble operating the tractor either.

It's got all the power for mowing with an 8 foot mower that I'll ever need and all the power for lifting that FEL bucket with a full load of rock or dirt.

The only thing that I would like to change is the FEL quick disconnect levers. I have the original kind and they definitely get bent easily and needed changing around to a heavier duty type. As I said in another thread, my neighbor just bought himself a brand new 5740C after using mine for a day or so and his has the newer FEL with the newer levers. Big improvement!!

Otherwise, it's definitely the most bang for the buck, in that size/type tractor, both in quality and performance that you can get right now. I really don't think any other equally equipped, quality, tractor out there on the market right now now can come close to it.

/ Montana 5740/5740C updates #22  
California Kid,
What were the part numbers for the filters at NAPA. I've been able to get the WIX number for the motor oil filter, but no luck cross referencing the hydraulic filter. Haven't tried crossing the fuel filter yet, but would like that too if you have it. It costs me a half days time to make the trip to the dealer and TIME IS MONEY!

/ Montana 5740/5740C updates #23  
Here is the Napa numbers you are looking for;

Oil Filter 7106
Fuel Filter 3394
Hydro Filter 1715
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Montana 5740/5740C updates #24  
Thanks, You just saved me a lot of road time.

/ Montana 5740/5740C updates #25  
Are you 100% sure the 5740 is 52 PTO HP? I haven't been able to get that info from anywhere as yet. Just curious about your source. A 5 HP drop is pretty minimal. but that'd be great if you're sure!!

/ Montana 5740/5740C updates #26  
Rebuilder,

That 57hp at the engine and 52hp at the PTO for the 5740C are the stats that Montana itself gives to it's dealers. While I'd agree that the 5hp difference is minimal, those are the stats I've been told since I started looking at Montanas over a year and a half ago. Maybe Maka could shed more light on this but remember Montanas have a 4cyl diesel where most others in that hp range have a 3cyl engine.