More 4500 Newb questions

/ More 4500 Newb questions #1  

onobed

Tractor
In the market
Hi - thanks in advance for any response.

I got my tractor and had an auspicious beginning.

After 3 hours on the rough cut mower the PTO belt shredded. I definitely hit some stumps but was surprised the belt shredded. Learning opportunity.
When I replaced the PTO belt I noticed that none of the screws affixing the right engine cover has thread locker. One of the screws affixing the cover under the seat was missing. Is it normal not to have thread locker on these screws?

Second question: I have the stump grinder. It was near impossible to get the belt on the pulley. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Martin

/ More 4500 Newb questions #2  
Was it new? Check the book on the belt number on the stump grinder. I never saw thread locker on any bolt or screw on a Ventrac.If you shredded a belt I would bet anything that something is out of alignment, it happened to me when one of their guys ran my tractor into the front of my trailer and bent the mount on the drive pulley, better check that...... jim

/ More 4500 Newb questions #3  
Could have been been a branch that got jambed into the drive belt area, I had that happen once. Agree with Jim about double checking the belt size for that stump grinder. If you have the correct belt, then make sure the grinder's sheave has the belt in its groove. If you intend to try thread locker on the hardware, I recommend that you do not use medium or stronger anerobic types. Try VibraTiteVC-3. That is an air curing type that you apply in a narrow ring about 1/3 back from the threaded end of the screw, let it dry and then put the screw in. The screw can be removed and replaced several times before the product wears out.

prs