More Right to Repair Agreements

/ More Right to Repair Agreements #1  

WranglerX

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
Saw short blurb on another site the AGCO and Kubota has signed memorandum of understanding with Farm Bureau on right to repair issue....

Last edited:
   / More Right to Repair Agreements #2  
"As part of the agreements, Farm Bureau has agreed not to support efforts to pass government mandates on right to repair."

The manufacturers are agreeing to as little as possible to forestall broader legislation.

/ More Right to Repair Agreements #3  
"As part of the agreements, Farm Bureau has agreed not to support efforts to pass government mandates on right to repair."

The manufacturers are agreeing to as little as possible to forestall broader legislation.

I'm thinking you're right; they're certainly not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, or out of any firm support of their consumers.

/ More Right to Repair Agreements #4  
Thats great but the cost of some of the diagnostic equipment still puts it out of reach of most people.

Andy

/ More Right to Repair Agreements #5  
Caveat I learned from Kubota - cannot sell software if it can remove emissions codes. I can buy what the say is a bundle $$$ for software and interface for diagnostic of machine problems, not sure of engine problems, but I cannot reset a code that limits power, sometime to a fraction unable to get me off the field. My dealer doesn’t do field calls - everything back to the shop. My average turn around time last year was 5 weeks just to reset a code. And I need tractors for work, not clipping grass around house. Fortunately my nephew has 16 tractors, only one with as much as a DPF. A/C works on only one so they are miserable but they work where my Tier 4 tractors end up as road art.

/ More Right to Repair Agreements #6  
Caveat I learned from Kubota - cannot sell software if it can remove emissions codes. I can buy what the say is a bundle $$$ for software and interface for diagnostic of machine problems, not sure of engine problems, but I cannot reset a code that limits power, sometime to a fraction unable to get me off the field. My dealer doesn’t do field calls - everything back to the shop. My average turn around time last year was 5 weeks just to reset a code. And I need tractors for work, not clipping grass around house. Fortunately my nephew has 16 tractors, only one with as much as a DPF. A/C works on only one so they are miserable but they work where my Tier 4 tractors end up as road art.

You're having even more issues?! You've had more problems with Kubota than anyone else I've seen, certainly anyone who hasn't just got rid of them.