MT-125 excessive pedal play fix

/ MT-125 excessive pedal play fix #1  

Adyemar

Tractor
MT125 TLBM
I noticed a dramatic drop off of top end speeds in forward and reverse lately so I thought maybe the linkage was due for some adjustment. Everything was tight BUT pedal stroke was not translating into valve motion. The pedals had positive return and moved proportional to each other but there was a lot of motion with no resistance. It turns out the roll pin that connects the pedals to the F/R damper was broken. Easy (and cheap) fix. Pictures and part numbers to follow. I pulled the floor board for easy access and the possibility that I would have to install a new F/R Damper. The pin can be changed in about 5 minutes otherwise.

/ MT-125 excessive pedal play fix
Pedal play with no resistance. 08707E1E-1C38-4FAB-A532-5ED339ED79AE.jpegE4701226-09D7-45F7-BD35-A384524F73AE.jpeg
Looks like these will post sideways. Sorry in advance.

Broken roll pin. This pin is located under the circlip and is the fail point from pedals to hst input rod. View attachment 673581

/ MT-125 excessive pedal play fix #6  
That won't necessarily solve the problem. Mine dropped out again after I'd reset it the first time. I found that a #4 stove bolt would fit through the pin center. A washer on each end and a nut with Locktite has kept it in place so far. It was a little tough to get it all in place without removing the floor pan, but that wasn't difficult either.

I got a new roll pin from a local dealer. If you don’t have an LS dealer, the new holland work master 25s has identical part numbers. That one has since broke as well so I’ve put a temp bolt in place until I can get a new pin in.

/ MT-125 excessive pedal play fix #9  
I had the same problem, the pin was half gone so still able to move, but very slowly. Pedals were 'floppy'. I took off the circlip and drove out the roll pin. The hole was perfect size for a 1/4"x20 tpi tap, so i lined up the holes and tapped all the way through. Put in a bolt, torqued it down and good to go. You should take off the floor first, it's easier the second time:)