MTE2000D info

/ MTE2000D info #1  

Crog

I recently bought a Yanmar 1610D from Barnett tractor in Alabama. Turns out that it does not have the weight or the power to do the job I needed (road maintenance w/steep grades).

He is willing to work with me on trading up to a larger machine. He has a Mitsubishi MTE2000D, and I think we have come to an arrangement on it. Still, I would like to know more about this model. Any owners out there, please let me know what you think of it. What are the specs? What special features does it have?

Thanks,
Jeff

/ MTE2000D info #2  
If the 1610 wont do it the MTE won’t do it much better. Sounds like a weight problem and the MTE isn’t that much heavier

/ MTE2000D info
I agree that it is definately a weight issue. Do you have any idea what the weight of the MTE is?

I could add weight to the front end of either tractor to help the front wheels grip. Is there a point where the amount of weight I could add would be limited by the horsepower? I am affraid that adding too much weight to the Yanmar will slow me down to an absolute crawl.

There are some other factors that are leading me to consider this trade.

Is the MTE a good model? Does it have any advantages or disadvantages over the Yanmar?

/ MTE2000D info #4  
I have a Yanmar YM1700, of course its only 2 wheel drive, but it could stand to weigh more. But I beleive the rice tires are a bigger problem than the weight on mine anyway. On a steep grade it started to spin, with just the weight of the tractor, because they dig in, when I really don't want them to.
A friend did my drive one time, and his tractor wasn't much bigger than mine with US tires and his problem was keeping the front end down, not spinning.

/ MTE2000D info #5  
My specs manual lists the following:

YM1610D = 1,609 pounds
MTE2000D = 1,753 pounds

/ MTE2000D info
Thanks for the info,

What are the best options for adding weight? Hanging 100# or so on the front end shouldn't be much of a problem. I can bolt a couple of ammo boxes to the front bumper and carry tow chains, iron weigts, lead, etc.

I hear about people adding antifreeze or calcium solution to the rear tires. What works best here, and how does one go about getting this done?

/ MTE2000D info #7  
The best way to add weight is to buy the heaviest tractor you can afford. In just normal back blading and driving around you will only use 2 or 3 hp. You could add a couple thousand pounds and you wouldn’t notice any power difference. The big problem is your axels and drive train can only handle so much weight. If you look at older (heavier) models instead of newer fancier ones you might be able to get a bigger tractor for the same money. Happy Holidays to all