MX-5000 transmission and hydraulics overheating

/ MX-5000 transmission and hydraulics overheating #21  
Well a couple of things are worth mentioning:
1) Ran the MX5000 on the chipper with the hood open. The tractor ran much cooler...about the centre of the white band. Never did get hot like it has been. Apparently heat is getting trapped under the hood and can't escape when the hood is closed. Maybe should throw the hood in a hedgerow. Might try putting some vent louvres in the sides first.

2) I have a history running Ag tractors. As long as you kept chaff from building up in front of the radiator, they'd stay cool. If you goofed up and let the chaff build up, they'd overheat, but go back to normal operation once you cleaned up the chaff. Only very rarely was the kind of cleaning that's been recommended here found necessary...and that was usually when the tractor was caught working in a downpour and the dust that had accumulated turned to mud.

This held true for the Ollies we used during the '60s and the Deeres, NHs, Cases and Steigers we've used recently...they just don't get the kind of attention some here think is necessary. No one has the time for that anyway. At least one of the aforementioned Deeres had 14000 hours, so it wasn't exactly a throwaway..

If Kubotas really do need this kind of continual cleaning of their radiators to stay cool, then they are poor excuses for Ag tractors.

/ MX-5000 transmission and hydraulics overheating #22  
If Kubotas really do need this kind of continual cleaning of their radiators to stay cool, then they are poor excuses for Ag tractors.
I disagree but it's your prerogative to make that comment. All I do with both of my M's is farm with them. Only reason I even have them in the first place.