My rtv 1100 has a ulsd only sticker on it. Really?

Hersheyfarm

Platinum Member
Offroad is 500ppm and is what it came with so I assume its ok. Why do they put a ulsd only sticker on it?

redharley

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2230
The goverment just wants to protect us, Ha Ha , soon will be like leaded gas the only thing availible will be ULSD fuel, just keep fuel conditioner in it tractors are a little behind large trucks in fuel pump design.

SSdoxie

Elite Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
500 ppm is ULSD. ULSD is required to meet EPA emissions. Sulphur does not burn during combustion of a diesel engine, so to reduce the suplhur emission they remove it from the fuel during refinery process. That is part of reason diesel price is now higher than gasoline.

OP
Hersheyfarm

Hersheyfarm

Platinum Member
500 ppm is ULSD. ULSD is required to meet EPA emissions. Sulphur does not burn during combustion of a diesel engine, so to reduce the suplhur emission they remove it from the fuel during refinery process. That is part of reason diesel price is now higher than gasoline.

By definition ulsd is 15ppm, 500ppm is low sulfer diesel.

OP
Hersheyfarm

Hersheyfarm

Platinum Member
So offroad is now ulsd? That's good news for power service.

OP
Hersheyfarm

Hersheyfarm

Platinum Member
I drove and looked at pump this morning and it still has 500ppm sticker on it. Might not have changed it.

timswi

Tractor
Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring
The off-road diesel here has a high sulfur warning on the pump...Not so with the on-road.

MHarryE

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7-171, M5-111, SVL75-2, RTV900XT & GR2120; CaseIH 1680 combine
One of my off highway diesel suppliers has a 500 ppm sticker on the pump but I talked to the trucker delivering the fuel and he said it is a poorly managed station that hasn't updated their pump. The other supplier in town has a ulsd sticker on the pump and the trucker said he fills both. Unless the station is supplying marine diesel it is illegal to sell anything other than ulsd. Since combustion produces, among other things, carbon dioxide and water, there are oxygen and hydrogen atoms that can combine with the sulfur to produce H2SO4 which is sulfuric acid ergo acid rain. The sulfur also, however, is a nutrient needed by many plants so as acid rain is reduced there is a need to hit plants with sulfur.