NAA Electrical Diagram

/ NAA Electrical Diagram #1  

Ortis

Bronze Member
I am looking for an on-line electrical schematic (diagram) for a Ford NAA. I bought a manual for it, and it has a lot of stuff, but no schematic. I have found several links to schematics, but none work. Do you know of any that do?

I want to get the headlights working. The switch is missing, so I bought one. The wire from the lights goes to a little can/box with three terminals. Is it a headlight relay?!? Guess I can figure it out, but a schematic would be nice.

/ NAA Electrical Diagram #3  
These old tractors are wired pretty simply.. just a charge circuit, a start circuit, ignition circuit, and lamp circuit.

Wire the 'source' for your headlamps off the same wire that feeds the ignition switch.. this way, the amp usage on the meter will still reflect net charge/discharge.

Sounds like yours was fed off the battery connection side of the regulator... which is the same as the hot side of the starter relay.. etc. Lots of places where you can pick up power correctly, and still have the ammeter register correctly.

I also reccomend running a seperate ground wire to the mounting points of the lamps.. 50+ year old sheet metal rusty connections are a poor ground.

Soundguy